SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think it would be a great idea to reproduce the older ninco dtm cars, calibra mecedes-c and alfa 155. these cars are very solid and digi-proof and handle very well with the nc-1's on home-layouts. so mister nin please give us back the old style dtm's tampo printed at a low price!

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
hi
i emailed ninco a while back (a couple of years ago now) suggesting this, all i was told was that my suggestion would be considered, i have not heard anything since then
cheers reuben

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
why wouldnt they sell?
club racers would probably buy them
people that liked dtm when these cars were about but do not like the way it is going would probably buy them.
and the licensing would probably be cheap as the cars are not currently being run in an international race series,
imho they would sell, but they would have to be aimed at the right market!

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
My point:

When the NSX was announced, loads of people pre-ordered blindly A ) without seeing a decent picture of the car, and B ) having not raced it (obviously).

Everyone knows what these cars are like, most clubs do not run them anymore, and a lot of people already have more that enough!

Andy

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
but the touring cars are still well loved, and when they were a racing group at our club a couple of months ago they were one of the best racing groups we have had in a long time producing close racing and good fun although they were not the fastest group we have ever had they were still good fun

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think Ninco should sell them for lowbudget prices or as Digital cars which still would keep the price acceptable (i would like them MUCH better than the Scalex Audi's and Boxters). these cars are ideal for beginners and children. maybe Mclaren is right but i LOVE them, and in digital races they would be ideal.

·
Registered
Ninco Slotcar fans
208 Posts
QUOTE (McLaren @ 12 Dec 2004, 17:52)My point:

When the NSX was announced, loads of people pre-ordered blindly A ) without seeing a decent picture of the car, and B ) having not raced it (obviously).

Everyone knows what these cars are like, most clubs do not run them anymore, and a lot of people already have more that enough!

Andy
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What does it mean Andy ? They do not handle well ?

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Not as good as they current cars in their class. The Mercedes CLK DTM, Opel Astra and Audi TT are much better than the older cars IMO.

But why would Ninco sell them for less money? They still cost the same to make as they did before... so they would be making a loss... (or less profit).

Therefore no incentive for them to make them.

Andy

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
I thought retro was in? Hell, it's much more than half of what's available to buy today, isn't it? I mean, when did you last see an Integrale, a Vanwall or a 956 compete? I think some of these DTM liveries are iconic within the motorracing world - I'd love an Martini Alfa with tampo, me.

And the fact that these little crackers don't whistle around in a magnetised speed frenzy is a major plus to me, too. They're different, they require a different approach and bless 'em for it. Top marks to Hornby for not making the Vanwall and Maser' into the usual guided missiles.

No, I'd certainly re-buy some of my NC-1 DTM's if they were re-issued. And there are a good few liveries they didn't do first time around that I'd be up for.

Pretty please Mr Ninco. Minimental, which Ninco email address brought the response out of them? I'd like to send one.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
QUOTE But why would Ninco sell them for less money? They still cost the same to make as they did before... so they would be making a loss... (or less profit).
surely the more of a paticluar model produced the more money they make from the moulds?
therefore they would not cost as much to produce
and the licensing should be cheaper because the car is no longer raced/produced

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I agree wuith Wankel, the older stuff flicks my switch and I am a little tired of cars that go like SABOT rounds from a 120mm. What is the point in that? I`d rather have grace and control of the NC 1 any day. The older cars seem to me to have a little more character. Yeah I know.. I`m an old git!!

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I agree with the fact that they are nice cars to drive, and I think that they should still produce the NC1 for those who can't handle the power of the larger NC motors... (only joking!).

But I don't think they would just sell reliveries like Fly do. I think there are more people who collect Fly cars due to the level of detail, than people who collect Ninco cars. Just my humble...

Andy

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the email address might be: [email protected]
i just send my email to Ninco.

all those beautiful cars nowadays, when you race them one or two times really hard the mirrors, spoilers and other parts are gone!
never broke off one single thing from my old dtm's.
in the end they will even look more detailed!!!!
BRING 'M BACK ALIVE (tampoprinted nc-1)!!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
ive only ever driven one nc1 powered car, a mclaren but lovely car to drive. the nc1 is a good motor, very smooth. what would be good is a club class using any car, but with an nc1 motor, as this would give the lower ability/ new drivers a chance

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
QUOTE But why would Ninco sell them for less money? They still cost the same to make as they did before... so they would be making a loss... (or less profit).
Assuming the original (very expensive) moulds still exist, future sales no longer 'have to' cover the original capital cost that has already been amortised. So the potential to sell cheaper repeats does exist.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts