SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I saw this item a little while back in Lidl and considered getting it but like most domestic shopping expeditions by the time I got to the checkout the urge had gone along with the will to live and escape to the sanctuary of anywhere else seemed preferable. Then a birthday came and went, most of the cash pressies went on paying the bills and the dream of more equipment (a lathe, a tyre truer etc etc) went out the window. Then today I found myself back in Lidl buying a few odds'n'sods and came across the drill stand again, I stood there for a while admiring it's potential trying to decide which of my drills might fit, what the heck size were they anyway, how I was going to site it, would it have to be fixed down (er, I might have to actually do some clearing up - very off putting) then I noticed the price £12.99 and thought don't be such a proll just buy it. So I did, imagine my surprise when I got it home and it fitted my old Dremel (use the cordless one now for most work, I'm not that accurate but it does the job), suddenly the universe brightened for a moment, all those episodes of running my fingers under the tap to stem the blood flow rather than mess up the perfect body trim/repair/ally grub screw re tap just evaporated - get that partner of yours down to Lidl - a perfect Xmas gift for any slot bodger. Oh yeh the teckie bits, Drill collar size 43mm approx., Throw 60mm +, Vise jaws as supplied 65mm+, foot print 152x182mm (vise handle protrudes), pillar height 510mm, will take a bigger drill but who cares, Name "Powerfix Profi Drill Stand" No. 66766. and for gods sake wear Safety Glasses, this isn't a toy and nor is it top of the range. Now I'm looking for a moving base plate arrangement to bolt on for those really intricate jobs any suggestions? (within my price bracket of course
).

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ddyke thanks for that it looks lovely and I am sure it would do an excellent (and probadly more accurate) job however, it is a bit outside my budget and I am not sure if they are available here in the UK - should you wish to send it as a Christmas gift I certainly won't stop you (my address by pm
). I am working on an alternative that consists of a sheet of plasticard and a handfull of magnets which ( if proves succesful) I will document and add to this topic. Seasons Greetings to one and all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts