SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just arrived from Bumslot, a limited number of the two packs pictured below. Both packs sell for £8.95 each and will only be available for a short time. these are great for using as they are or better of you can repaint them to your own colours.

Aaron

·
Registered
164 Posts

These same figures come in plastic farm sets (I should know, I stole 'em from my kids!) Imagine the guy on the left with a farm rake and the seated guy driving a tractor.(bottom pic)

The whole set including farm beasts, tractors, a couple of buildings fake crops, etc.. only cost $AUD10.

Apart from some nice red & white paint and stuck on helmets and headsets, I suspect the pit crew are from the same run as the construction workers that come with plastic roadworks sets (ditto thieving dads and kids....) Again $AUD10 gets you the figures, road roller, crane some fake rocks and signs. Imagine the guy with the flag with a shovel (top pic)

Still, they are an alternative and cheaper than Preiser figures, but are they cheaper than Scaley or SCX?

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
72 Posts
Of course I am biased, but compare the SRA range (currently 85 different figures) available in packs of six (the odd one is the Starter - who comes with the Start/Finish Post). These were designed by the "Maestro", Jon Sword, to represent the current era of racing and are very detailed - also they are in pewter! Sets are available from various retail outlets at around £10 per set of six figures.

Paul

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
`Maestro?` I always thought of myself as more of a Cortina.

Thanks mate for fueling the "jonny S is a prima donna` theory.
How much are those Bum Slot figure packs then?
Yes I know I haven`t finished the seated spectators yet.....

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
The "racing-pack" looks nice for it's price... but the "farmers" are way outdated...
Won't buy them...

*Little off topic*

Has anybody got the Fly figures?
And what do they cost?
I can't find them anywhere in Belgium...

G.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FLY 79712 RACING OFFICIALS £25.00rrp
FLY 79713 TV & PRESS REPORTERS £39.00rrp
FLY 79714 PIT WALL ENGINEERS £27.00rrp
FLY 79715 PIT CREW £39.00rrp

Pictures on Gaugemaster website, but please note figures come unpainted and un-assembled.

Aaron

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Aaron always at your service!!!

Those Fly figures are not exactly what you call cheap ha?
There very nicely done though...

G.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is an interesting point slotrace, and got me thinking.....

I will probably start this in a new thread, but for the time being, have a look at these:

From left to right they are Scalextric, Fly, Preiser, Bumslot and SCX.

Ande before anyone else suggests it, I am sure the Scalex one is not Suggs from Madness or one of the Blues Brothers!

Aaron

1 - 12 of 12 Posts