SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
The team has switched to Michelin tyres for 2005.

The C24 is basically an upgraded C23. Most of the external changes are around the sidepods and the rear bodywork. Sauber will use their own gearbox after using Ferrari's in 2004.

Kind regards,

Russell

·
Gary Skipp
6,533 Posts
QUOTE (abie321 @ 14 Jan 2005, 09:15)Red bull colours without the sponsorship???
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That'll be because of 'Team Red Bull' IE ex-Jaguar team.

Can't see a seat-harness setup but that may be beneath the so-called protection.

"I'm not going to do this with every car" suggests its not just on (or off) the Sauber, whatever it is.

Its soemthing that will stick out blindly once we know. Fuel cap? Its a bit strange.........

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well Russell got the closest....

The side pods have been reworked, but the air intake for the radiators looks tiny! What's up with this?

BTW, where are the Red Bull colours? Red Bull are blue and silver. This car is in Sauber colours...

Andy

·
Registered
62 Posts
yep air intakes are smaller,

i love the new toyotas rear wing with the cureature, seems this sauber has changed the rear wing aswell but not added the curveature effect,

thats the best looking sauber i have seen by far

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
In an attempt to slow the cars down, there has of course been changes to the technical rules for 2005, including raising the front wing, bringing the rear wing forward, reducing the diffuser height and cutting back the bodywork in front of the rear wheels. It is estimated that these changes will result in the loss of 20% or more downforce with minimal loss of drag.

The front wing they tested is very similar to the wing used on the 2001 Prost. Here's a close up shot:-

Yes, those intakes on the side-pods are tiny and the side-pods themselves are very narrow. Notice in the picture in Andy's original post how the "floor" extends out at the bottom to the maximum allowed width.

·
Registered
911 Posts
when i first read about the new rules, i thort it wud mean doom for the sport, but this car looks awsome. although the side pods are small, it looks cool. cant wait to see the rest of the field

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Patience, young man. I don't think that McLaren have actually announced the launch date for their new car yet.

Meanwhile, McLaren's test driver Alexander Wurz finished on top at Jerez yesterday. Driving the MP4-19B car, he set the quickest time of the week with a best lap of 1:16.052, ahead of teammate Juan Pablo Montoya.

1. Wurz, McLaren-Mercedes, 1:16.052
2. Montoya, McLaren-Mercedes, 1:16.558
3. Heidfeld, Williams-BMW, 1:16.736
4. Pizzonia, Williams-BMW, 1:17.070
5. Zonta, Toyota, 1:17.035
6. Trulli, Toyota, 1:18.048

Kind regards,

Russell

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Hi guys.
I was reading Autosport's technical analysis of the new Toyota last night and smaller sidepod openings were one of the features that came up.
Another change for this year is that the ride height for the bottom of the chassis has been raised. Apparently the changed airflow pattern this brings about aids cooling and hence the sidepod openings can be made smaller.
Pre-season testing and the new car launches always have an amusement value for me with everyone bigging up their chances for the new year. Toyota, for instance, are aiming to be #2 team by the end of the year.
In fact it's only a couple of races in that real form will start to be revealed.
My favorite Brabham quote: "When the flag drops, the b.s. stops."
I think it's fairly safe to assume that the red cars will be at or somewhere near the front though ...
Regards,
Lowrider.
ps: Anyone got any thoughts on the wisdom or otherwise of the management changes at RBR?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.