SlotForum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this as a gift from Jexy1 for designing a layout..

Unpainted driver, no tampos, clear glass(no red taillights, no black trim), unpainted wheels, no interior detail, unassembled wing and mirrors.

Thanks again Jexy1.. cool little Beetle

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
OK - Assuming this isn't one pof those 'slipped' out of the Factory one offs ( the early ones that did that in the 60's / 70's are worth a fortune now)..

Lower the body on the chassis by 2/3 mm, stick some SHH wheels and tyres on it, replace gearing and guide with Slot.It, Sigma or similar. max the chassis out with lead sheet and hot up the motor o a Slot.It to suit - THEN watch it GO!

·
Jan Groosmuller
834 Posts
sure enough looks like a one-off, I wouldn't touch it

nice car though

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not sure it's a one off.. Gareth said its a limited edition..basically a car put aside before it went to tampo printing etc..

I think it's pretty cool. It came in a white thin plastic holder like in a set and was wrapped in tissue. No guide..just what you see.

It'll get driven
(lightly..not raced)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Nice Beetle. I too, would recommend saving that one in the treasure trove, not smashing it around. Too rare. Is that a light bulb plugged into the chassis? Like a fiber-optic type set-up? Also what if any are the differences between the blue drive gears and the black, like the blue or black-geared 911's Scaley is selling currently? I notice this car has the blue set. Anyone?

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Hi All

As i mentioned to TurboKev it's not a one off (unfortunately!)

Each NSCC member lucky enough to go to the NSCC/Hornby weekend last year was given one of these as a gift at dinner.

I belive they were also given to people visiting the Scalextric Hornby Roadshow trailer during 2003.

I also have a number to give away to new members signing up for the NSCC at swapmeets!

For you collectors out there it's official C number is

C2353WA Undecorated Beetle - Green

Happy hunting!

Kev don't go cutting it up!

Gareth
NSCC

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hmmmm..convertible Beetle..
j/k

Nope!! Won't touch it.

I don't have another Beetle Cup to compare it to..but yes, it does have lights with the clear plastic "fiber optics" running to the nose but not the tail.

Now I'm going to have to get a couple Beetles so I can race them..I really like this little car

Thanks again Gareth, much appreciated

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Hi All

Got a bit more info about this cars over the weekend at our swapmeet AGM.

It appears that Scalextric asked for 3 production samples of the beetle to be sent to the UK for testing prior to full production. Somewhere down the line this was turned into 300 by mistake.

300 pre-production samples were sent for approval this is one of them.

So it's 1/300 pre-production sample model.

Enjoy.

Gareth
NSCC

·
Registered
448 Posts
QUOTE (JEXY1 @ 26 Apr 2004, 14:27)Hi All

Got a bit more info about this cars over the weekend at our swapmeet AGM.

It appears that Scalextric asked for 3 production samples of the beetle to be sent to the UK for testing prior to full production. Somewhere down the line this was turned into 300 by mistake.

300 pre-production samples were sent for approval this is one of them.

So it's 1/300 pre-production sample model.

Enjoy.

Gareth
NSCC

Ah ha... what did I say?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts