SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst browsing for more holiday clothes for Mrs Grah I wandered off and found these on the bargain shelf in Debenhams , They are radio control suposedly 1/32 made by Nikko and on sale at £15
There are 4 models available the peugeot spots thing that I couldnt resist ,a Lambo musilaginous , an Aston Martin and a GT 40

On close inspection the motor apears to be a HO type mabuchi with carbon brushes so it should convert easily to a slot just by the addition of a guide and the removal of the radio gear.
At the front of the chassis is an indentation which will drill out nicely to take a scaley guide cut down to make a pin arangement ,the additionof a weak magnet at the rear should ensure the thing stays on ,although the tyres seem quite usable so I will try it magless first.
Any one got any pics of the real thing so I can check out he dimensions cos Ithink its probably way over 1/32 if the Gt 40 was any thing to go by

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers John I also found 2 unused teamslot Saleens at £16 each on Blackburn market today .Theres this guy who stands a stall every week and has some rediculously cheap die casts usually 1/2 high st prices but this is the first time Ive ever found any slot stuff on his stall

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Graham....You gotta get out of this habit of taking your wife shopping.......You never know who is reading these posts!.

Regards

Alan

PS Why not leave the RC gear in, add a guide and just use the RC throttle. Could be fun.

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive tried rc cars with a guide before alan but it doesnt seem to work for me I might give it another shot with this one I would have to add a switching transistor to get the track voltage into the motor ,there isnt a proportional speed controler on these little rc cars so the powers either on or off .
any way heres the guide arangement so far

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just finished the rc Peugeot by adding a small magnet under the motor goes like an absolute rocket now running 6.1s round my 70ft carrera ,cant complain at that.

I still dont care for the pin guide idea but its an easy option on a mag car and it does have the advantage of quick marshalling and no broken lead wires so I may percervere a while with the idea

1 - 6 of 6 Posts