SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Martin Kay
728 Posts
I've at last got round to taking some photos of the new Scalextric digital track for use by visitors to our guest house in Somerset.

And also the track plan:

(More of these on the web site)

Planning to keep this layout this year until the new Scalextric track parts (e.g. pit lane) come out later in 2005, also will see how people get on with it over the coming months - might have a re-vamp then to iron out any problem areas and add in new track elements. Meantime, lap times are 6-7 seconds for the Audis and Porsches shown, and we run a 20 lap rally stage in the reverse direction as well (without lane changing), best time just under 3 minutes so far!

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Bed, breakfast and slots - excellent idea!!

Any chance of some wider view pics so we can get a fuller picture (excuse the pun)

Question: does Cheddar, when rubbed on the tyres, improve grip? and is that grip superior to other cheeses?

·
Martin Kay
728 Posts
QUOTE (scaleymatt @ 18 Jan 2005, 20:29)looks cool, love the idea of bed, breakfast then slotracing
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bed..breakfast..slotracing..bed..breakfast..slotracing.. and that's just me, never mind the visitors...

Haven't tried rubbing cheese on tyres but have considered using rows of miniature cheese truckles as tyre walls...!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Martin, that looks brilliant!

I have your website bookmarked but there's a distinct lack of pictures. It looks like a fabulous thing though. PLease take about a million more and get some overall ones. It looks like you have a fabulous change of height over the circuit & I'm intrigued.

The boy wants a rally track & that design was his start point for drawing.

I hate to show my ignorance but where's that Spoony is racing in your bottom picture thingy?

cheers David

·
Martin Kay
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Eno Dog @ 19 Jan 2005, 04:35)Martin, that looks brilliant!

I have your website bookmarked but there's a distinct lack of pictures. It looks like a fabulous thing though. PLease take about a million more and get some overall ones. It looks like you have a fabulous change of height over the circuit & I'm intrigued.

The boy wants a rally track & that design was his start point for drawing.

I hate to show my ignorance but where's that Spoony is racing in your bottom picture thingy?

cheers David
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I knew it would be tricky, I had to stand on wobbly things, press my ear to the ceiling and I still couldn't fit it all in, but there is now an aerial shot of at least the main part of the circuit complete with hoverable corner names on the web site.

The photo in my signature is of Kimi Raikkonen chasing Rubens Barrichello through Cheddar Gorge (the full picture is at the bottom of that same web page).

·
Martin Kay
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (LMP04 @ 19 Jan 2005, 17:34)Holiday to somerset then.........
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You'd be most welcome, although it's a very humble track compared to your monster club one. Just pretend you're Manchester United travelling to Exeter City...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts