SlotForum banner
41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
LOL! Yep, we've all done that at least once... some of us more than once. ;-)

If I learned anything, it's to test the motor direction with temporary connections prior to soldering, AND don't put the body back on until you test full functionality. ;-)

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
Even the guys on the chat couldn't provide a good rule to know for sure every time. Guess and check. Fortunately, there are only two possibilities, so you either get it right in one, or swap it and are done in two. :)

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Which is why I usually have a connector between the chip and motor, should a motor run in the wrong direction..disconnect, a twist off the wires and reconnect, is all it takes to convince the motor to turn in the proper direction.
innocent.gif

With kind regards

Tamar

·
Registered
200 Posts
at the moment it is sometimes difficult or sometimes with all the help I get on the forum to sometimes
impossible get a chip to work, however I have this discussion going on in another section of the forum.
talking about the ferritman...why this photo on the slot.it website (these are not supplied by slot.it in the packaging and als no contra cable)
I also think something of this new version with clips that is unusable for me!.I asked Mauricio this question today..so let's wait

Attachments

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
Can you not install this chip in the exact same way you have done the others, by using your soldering iron? Just remove the connectors, if you do not have a car that comes with the connectors (new slot.it cars do, which is why they are now including the connectors on the chips). Use the original wires in the car, or spare, desolder the connectors, and solder your new wire on. Job done.

As for the Ferrite man on the motor side, they are not difficult to source. I assumed you had access to the necessary components, but if not, they can be bought from ebay or various other electronics dealers around the world. As you said, the new chip should have come with one, as pictured on the catalog, but apparently it did not. Since your dealer doesn't seem to be of any help, I would ask Maurizio if they can assist in correcting that oversight.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Of course Greg, however the wires are so short, you'll have to replace these, personally I think it's half finished now. I can now solder the chip on 4 points, what does this do with my warranty. And of course I can solder an interference module on it, always cut it off my analog cars. However, I would have liked it more if the old and the new c chip would have existed, so I can make the choice.

I did sent Maurizio an email, as the entire stock at the dealer is without ferrit.
we will see.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Of course Greg, however the wires are so short, you'll have to replace these, personally I think it's half finished now. I can now solder the chip on 4 points, what does this do with my warranty. And of course I can solder an interference module on it, always cut it off my analog cars. However, I would have liked it more if the old and the new c chip would have existed, so I can make the choice.

I did sent Maurizio an email, as the entire stock at the dealer is without ferrit.
we will see.
the name ferrite is the name of the alloy, that little black piece, can you also place the interference without this or does it have a function?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I got the answer from a Dutch participant in competitions in England, without ferrite (black block) can cause problems between the controller and the car. Cars stalled in this match so I assume it has a function

·
Registered
51 Posts
[QUOTE = "MALAFAMA, publicación: 2470571, miembro: 84659"]
No Tamar, no puedo coincidir con el controlador y el chip C, no se pueden encontrar. Bootloader tampoco encuentra el chip C, nRF hace su trabajo y cuando desconecta el chip deja el led encendido pero nada más, no sé si se ha actualizado a 3'15a porque ya no puedo verlo. Saludos.
[/ CITA]

I have the same problem with two chips.
is there any solucion for this?

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Do you have installed the ferrite?
I had other problems, like the app see a C chip as B1, or lately one of the C chip doesn't deliver brake, but never had a connection issue.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts