SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have chipped around 35 non Carrera cars so far but when I purchased the Scalextric Lotus model 49 I thought I was done for. To accomplish the chipping I cut up a Carrera chip and remotely mounted some of the parts. The car looks great and runs great.

I took pictures of the process and will likely post them or maybe write a short article describing this.

Up to now the most difficult chipping I had done was probably the Slot.it F40 (this one involved remote mounting of the LED and electrolytic cap) but the amount of disection I needed to do to get a chip to fit into this car was extreme. I got this Lotus last year and just took it out for a look every couple of months and would then put it away to scared to start. Last month I looked the car over some more, looked over every chip Carrera makes to find the best candidate for surgery, and came up with a game plan. It then took me a couple of weeks to get up the courage to start. Well tonight I finally complete the job.

I love the car but I am not sure I could recommend doing this again.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Sure does

The only limitation with the 1:43 chip is that you cannot adjust the speed or braking via the Black Box or CU
By default it is set to max which for me is not an issue as I always set max speed and braking.

Lane change and fuel works fine
Not done one yet but I have seen it done on another forum

Hope to see the pics soon

Cheers

·
Bruce Yingling
1,610 Posts
QUOTE (proxchange @ 12 Jan 2012, 14:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am writing this in ms word. Is there an easy way to get it on here with the photos or would I have to do photobucket, or equivalent, for every picture?

I'd suggest you contact username Doug- one of the moderator's (one of the owner's, I believe). I posted a review here a year or so ago about the Carrera Ferrari 599XX release. They were very helpful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts