SlotForum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All,

I have been looking online at Carrera Evolution De Tomaso Panteras. Has anyone chipped one for SSD? Can it be done?

Cheers,
Damo.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have chipped a few Carrera Evo cars i just remove the reversing switch and wire it in like any scaley retro fit

·
Ian
99 Posts
Do you look in the Database before asking
I don't believe there is a car that can't be chipped, there are a few that arn't worth chipping, and a few that are very awkward to chip, but take a look through the database or database thread, I'm sure you'll come up with a solution.

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did look there but there were no Carrera cars listed as 'Evoluion' so I wanted to make sure just in case they had anything peculiar to them. Sounds though like I should go ahead and get one!

Cheers,
Damo.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Damo,

Yeah, go ahead just get one...................

As Bleep said there isn't anything that can't be chipped

I've never had a problem chipping anything, but as he says, sometimes they aren't really worh doing.....................

I've done early Mini's , Motorcycles and Karts as well as the more regular stuff LOLOLOL

HTH,

Dave

·
Greg Gaub
14,653 Posts
If it's your first Carrera car, don't forget to trim the guide. For best performance, you'll need to trim the length AND slim it down. A Dremel is priceless for this job. It's especially important if you have any R1 sections in your track, but even without them a stock Carrera guide will get stuck in the slot.

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good advice, thanks. I was sailing yesterday and twice the keel dug into a sand bar as we were scooting along. I guess the result is the same?!? I have read this about Carrera and will trim it down. I don't have a dremmel yet but was looking at them online last night. I can think of a LOT of uses for one!

Cheers,
Damo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts