SlotForum banner
81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
15,113 Posts
Wow. I've never seen a crash resistant Scalextric with lights. In fact, I have that same model car, and it has no lights, as no other crash resistant cars have lights. Did you buy it used? My car also has an interior tray (just the tray) as they often use that to stiffen the body/chassis connection. If yours has lights and no tray, it's a truly interesting beast of a car, especially if you bought it new.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Yeahhh i like the idea of a Scorpius DPR chip! With a 12 mm offset ir-sensor built in of course. Wouldn't that attract customers with two left hands?

And about the Jag: it's a 2nd hand car. I removed the tray (it was loose) and fitted the Jaguar XKR light set that you can order as a spare part from Scalextric. The modern super resistant Scaley cars like the Jag, Bugatti and McLaren come with clear lenses for the lights, so you can simply add them later.

Merc

·
Greg Gaub
15,113 Posts
Ah, so you changed/added that stuff yourself. Well done.
I might have to pick up a set of lights for some of my newer crash resistant cars as well. I love the lights.

·
Greg Gaub
15,113 Posts
Sweet, thanks. The place I looked also has lights for the Audi R8, another I'd like to add lights to. I forgot they sold the kids separately, 'cus most places don't carry them.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Just chipped a 1:24 Scaleauto Merc SLS. Runs nicely an lots of room

...seems I have to recalibrate my lanebrains as this car is lot faster than my 1:32.

Cheers,
Diegu

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
I assume by your profile photo that you're running on a routed track with copper tape?

If not I would isolate the bottom of your chassis, I saw you mounted the chip on a piece of plastic, but still if the chassis toutches the track braids, the chip wont like it

with kind regards
Tamar

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Dieters latest track is routed using braid.

Rick

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Ade we will just get this pinned as soon as possible. Currently there's some talk of changes to pinned sections so we will have to wait until then.

Rick

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Slot.it Lola (LMP)

This is such a beautiful car it would be rude not to put a chip on it ........

The gold colour is due to the car be "chromed" before painting .....

The Scorpius LED was not fitted because this will only run on a Scalextric SSD track. The only modifications made were to
shorten the wires. The blue wire attached to the motor is an earthwire for the chip.

Notice how subtle the aerial is by the left had side of the cockpit ..........

·
ParrotGod
8,460 Posts
Out of curiosity what is the difference between the scorpius and the scaley LED?

·
ParrotGod
8,460 Posts
Oh ok! So strictly speaking the scorpius one is not an LED...

·
ParrotGod
8,460 Posts
QUOTE (diegu @ 17 Sep 2011, 08:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Time for some update guys.

I chipped three fly trucks. Lots of room for chips. Easy job. Except one has to obey that each truck chassis has different ground clearance when installing photo LED.

The trucks:

The dark side:

The Leds - espacially the MAN has an enormous ground clearance.

The bowels

Those trucks are fun to race.

Regards,
Diegu
Sorry to resurrect this but cool stuff Diegu on these trucks. I agree they are all great fun.
Have you done more?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hi GRUNZ,

no problem. The trucks are still up and running fine.

Since having chipped those trucks, I did setup a 20 m Scorpius wood track and also chipped some sideways group 5 cars.

But with the bigger track, the desire for 1.:24 cars with high-grip foam tires became predominant. So I chipped two Scaleauto GT3 and two old Revell/Plafit DTM cars for racing.
They should be a great match for each other as these all are sidewinder cars with same motors, tires and all metal chassis without suspension.

I posted pics of one Scaleauto on another thread, but this one has just been pinned, so see below:

Look here for a 1:24 Scaleauto Merc SLS. Runs nicely and lots of room for the chip

Hmm, "lots of room", was not that correct: the capacitor on the motor touches the inlet of the car, so I will have to relocate the capacitor.

Anyhow, racing was fun and these cars are significantly faster than the 1:32 cars, so I changed delay times on the lanebrains to suite the higher speed.
Initially, I also experienced some missed LBs, so I doubled Lanebrain LEDs in the track - I think my installation accuracy was not that good.
We just had a testing day with very high reliability since then

So now, there are four 1:24 cars ready for racing:

So, some rework in the car installation still to be done.

I will also change the motors to - maybe - Fox II. One of the Scaleauto motors just died after only some hours of racing

Cheers
Diegu

·
ParrotGod
8,460 Posts
Inspirational stuff Diegu. Well done!
yeah I know about your beautiful track.
One day I will have also a digital 1/24 wood track.

·
Living the Life&#33;
11,082 Posts
Scalextric - Mini

If you are thinking about having a go at digitizing a car, this one, the Scalextric Mini is ideal ........

Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Plant

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

The main difference with these wireless chips and standard SSD ones is the extra earth wire .......

Reflex camera Camera accessory Cameras & optics Camera lens Digital camera

Scorpius uses a 12mm offset from the centre line which yields a much higher detection rate than the traditional position.

Attachments

Reactions: Ade
81 - 100 of 121 Posts