Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, a lot of time out this hobby and now I've started with the motorizing of an Arii's '63 Prince Skyline.

It's full of chrome parts and don't know if there is a better method than Bare Metal.

Otherwise, anyone knows a place near to Madrid (Spain) where they chrome plastic parts?

Thanks, Ignacio

·
Registered
229 Posts
hi Ignacio,

Do you have an airbrush? If so, look at my Railton Napier topic(link), there is a paint called alclad and I did a little tutorial on it, but it's only usable with airbrush. I think it's one of the fines chrome paints available at the moment. There's also a discussion going on at Master classes about chrome paint(link).
A last tip I can give you, If you have a modern car, where chrome parts are visible around windows ect., first paint your chrome parts, sealed with a varnish layer and wel dried out. Buy a good masking tape, something like Tamiya. Then paint the body and as soon as that paint is hand dry peal of the masking tape under an angle of 30° very slow and careful. Your best friend is time, make sure the layers in between have dried enough

Cheers,
Danny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts