SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all,
is the first post that I send, so I introduce myself.
My name is Pino and I'm writing from Italy; like many others, I resumed playing with slot cars after 40 years, but cars are always the same, cucaracha, stinger, banshee, renegade, asp, namely thingies!
So this is definitely the forum for me! I do not know if I have to worry about, but, like when I was a kid, I'd be all day playing with slot cars!
I have some requests to do: I have a Riggen brass frame with a 26D in-line on which to move the body of the Mach 1, but I'm not be able to know where to buy it, I saw one on eBay a long time ago, but now I'm not more. Also on eBay, I bought by Ray some thingies bodies, I seemed to understand that perhaps Ray could have it, is right? I have a clear patriot body but I don't know how paint it, someone has a picture of the body patriot painted?
Thanks in advance and we continue to be boys!
Pino
98arturo52 on eBay

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Greetings 98arturo52.
Welcome to the Thingie section.

I don't know who makes a copy of the Riggen Mach 1 body but I'd love to get a couple myself if it is the same one I'm thinking of. Markus Reichl had a Mach 1 entered in a Thingie proxy series a few years ago that ran on my local track. Very nice looking car.
Ray makes some of the best Thingie bodies out there but I don't think I've ever seen a mach 1 that he's done.

Is there a 'correct' way to paint a Patriot? There's a correct technique to use to paint a clear body but the colour choice is whatever you can imagine, as far as I know.
I don't think the Patriot was ever a production car, but I'm happy to be proved wrong on this, so there will be no original 'factory' colour scheme.

Look forward to seeing you here often.
best regards,
L.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ciao Pino!!!!

I hope you can find here a solution. That's the place in Europe.

I hope you can remember me from epay "antiguallo".....hahaha many of your cars are in my vitrines....but not the mach 1, of course, it came from the USA.

Happy posting. I'll keep looking for answers.

Cheers.

Jesus.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lowrider thanks for the welcome, you're right, if there isn't a color factory, the fun is to paint the body with the colors of the imagination!
Hello Jesus, of course I remember you, it was always fun to do business with you, you live in a way that is an Italian city, right? Or Brescia or Bologna! Greetings

·
R.E.F.
1,672 Posts

Are we refuring to this car ???

Raynoda Dream Werks has this mold ? if I recall ? and a few other Riggens bodies too.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I think that's the one, Ray.
Kinda looks like a cross between a '59 Ferrari Testarossa and a Batmobile. You KNOW I've gotta love it!

Glad you're on the case.
L.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, this is it! I love it, I've never seen it live, but I think it is balanced at actual size! Thanks Ray !

·
Registered
1,235 Posts

Arturo , another one for you to see ! Also , big hello to you !
This is all original , except for crown gear and rear wheels !
Our Swiss friend Sir Edo , has a green Riggen Mach 1 - maybe
he could post a picture , so you can decide the colour you
prefer ! Zig

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One last thing waiting for the body. I want to paint it that color red, can you tell me what color to use?
An important caveat!!!
I can not use an airbrush! Use Tamiya colors usually!
Thanks !!

·
R.E.F.
1,672 Posts
Hi 98arturo,

Find a metalic red paint and back it with silver. Mask off the rear louvered area, so when you spray the silver, you can take off the tape and spray. Hopefully that helps you.
i-ray

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Gentlemen

let me welcome the sudden arrival of new Thingies's Addicts!

It certainly is a pleasure to have you here, boys!

Anyway here's the green Mach 1 (original paint also):

And, free of charge, the Mach 1 and the other Riggen Thingie, of which I cannot remember the name right now:

Note: inlines only accepted here!

Ciao a tutti.

Edo

QUOTE (lowrider)...Is there a 'correct' way to paint a Patriot?...
Dunno Low, but it seems you're still looking to find out and begin to paint the one I sent you centuries ago (and build its chassis too)!

·
Administrator
9,652 Posts
I think it's called the Riggen Special Edo, or maybe the Riggen Edo Special. And you're probably got one of the rarer of the 3 or 4 different chassis they used. Most of the ones I've seen have the 26D inline or anglewinder and full pans....

(hey, anybody seen that never before seen Lancer thingamabob on e....y?)

Don

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The green is really great ! Hard for me to paint ! The Special I knew was only with JAG Riggen, also I learn this now. One question, I don't find rims for thingies, there is a way for find it that I don't know?

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
QUOTE (dgersh)(hey, anybody seen that never before seen Lancer thingamabob on e....y?)
Whatisit? Whereisit?

QUOTE (98arturo)...I don't find rims for thingies, there is a way for find it that I don't know?
You can ask Phil Smith ("scaleslotcars" here) and watch Ebay for vintage wheels (especially Riggen, pretty easy to find).

Ciao for now

Edo

1 - 20 of 28 Posts