SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Frank
612 Posts
Hi boys,

yesterday a little package from spain arrived.

And this little "beauty" was in it.

At the first and also the second view,- this is a fine detailed resin kit.
Only the grille openings at the front has to be opened.

Some other parts also arrived in the last days.
lightning kit ( not sure to install it)
and some photoeched pieces.

Only axles, tyres, gears and some other pieces are still on the road to complete the chassis and i can start to built it.

That will be my first selfbuilt car and my first try with resin.

And direct my first question.
Which putty can i use for resin?

·
David J
3,182 Posts
Looks like a very nice kit of a pretty little vehicle.
Please explain if you would why you would want a slot version of the H van?

DJ

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Now that is awsome! the H-van is a cool cool vehicle!

I look fowasrd to an update of this one!

Cheers

Owensy

·
Frank
612 Posts
Hi boys,

@DJ
this kit is a slotversion, if you take a look at the chassis you´ll find each fixing for the motor, the axles and the slotguide ( not sure that its the right word, sorry).

Why i built that van is easy to explain.
My theme track is france in the 50ties and this one is the "toping" therefor.

@owensy
a first update will follow soon

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Frank. That's going to be a right little charmer. Good detail in the shell, even to the corrugations.

Don't know why, but there's something that I like about Citroens. Does it show that I've never owned one?

Looking forward to watching your build.

Embs

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
Citroen H Vans are very cool. The design is so practical - angular surfaces for easy and cheap construction but with a flair for detail. The corrugated steel panels made them quite strong I am sure. "Form follows function." There is quite a following and you can find H Van communities if you search the web.

I built one a couple of years ago from scratch just because I thought it would make good scenery but decided to keep make it run. I also built a trailer. It is made of Evergreen styrene sheets.

Frank I checked out the web site and don't think the wheels are H Van-like. I used BWA's narrowest wheels and stock car inserts with Scaley's Cooper tires and I think they look prefect.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Dave Homer of the Dudley Club has a real one of these, a retired Fire Engine that he bought from France and drove over to England (took him a long time though!). You can tell it's French - it has an ash-tray for the driver.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Nice kit.

I think for the putty you can use the usual model putty from Revell, Tamya or other make you prefer for filling small parts or scratches.

For bigger parts I would use putty for real cars. I always use Motip Metal Putty. I think it's also available in Germany. It is not based on glasfibre but on aluminium parts. Saves a lot of sanding, filling, sanding,...

·
Registered
851 Posts
That's a really cool little van! Never seen one in real life. Out of curiosity, does the chassis casting look nice and flat, or is there any warpage?

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
Frank, did you complete this? I would love to see photos.

Who made the kit and what else do they sell?

·
Frank
612 Posts
@Slot-O-Fun

No its not ready built. In summer i only gave "Carlos" my allowance

an Autobianchi
That he is
an 18HP, 497cc with a speed of 95km/h racecar

only a little bit bigger than the H-van slotversion
, but gives us much more fun than a slotcar

Here is the link.

the newest one is a Renault Stafette

·
Targa Freak
936 Posts
Hi Frank; I am getting a little nervous about this! I feel it! Sooner or later I have to scratchbuild a car, too! I will follow this thread closely to see your result! Regards Jens
Btw: What about your industrial ambitions? I would be happy to see some slotcars on your McSteel!

·
Frank
612 Posts
Yes,

and here they are

The chassis is nearly completed, only the guide and the cables have to be fixed

The inlets got a redesign

this is an original rim of a HY

and that is my conversion
opened it like the original ( each opening is approx 1,0 x 2,5-3,5mm) Dentistdrill 0,05mm
nuts have to be painted once more, but i´ve seen it on this photo the first time
also the valve is painted, have to paint some racing white on the sides oncemore, to much black i think

made some details of brass the door handles and the entrance assistance
diameter approx. 0,5mm

next update when the body got his first color, a lot of questions in my head
how to tape for the second color on this corrugated sheet? For example

If anyone can give me a help, i´m very pleased

The grille is not finished, so no photos

and here is the coloring i want to try. Uaaaah, 2 colors?!

·
Frank
612 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Excellent, looking forwar to seeing it with some colour on it, what ideas do you have in mind? As for masking, Tamiya masking tape is apparently very good!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts