SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Last winter I bought at the Hy Foroslot A pair of balance, the normal and the crane, I began to spin the project and after months of
look forward to gather information and photos time and this is the result.

We begin by restating the chassis with all the mechanical

To measure the distances of the axes using the method of the clay, that gives me slack I want with the fender when put
the height of chassis / body

This is the first prototype chassis

It worked fine in my circuit, so I added traction.

Here with some decorative elements presented, besides cutting the soil to make it more real and added a rear window
I tried it when I realized that bordered on the inside curves and to modify the rear ramps

With a dolls house MiniArt I get inside

Tamiya gray primer, three coats of yellow metal effects and money spent

All the parts for ensambly

Each and all mounted, the metal effect is done by passing a soft lead pencil

Focos lajartijeros

That's all, if you have any questions or want clarification of the process, will try to answer
A greeting.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Hello Priamorex,
Your Transporter is very beautiful, I have much jealousy. I see now the process you explain in my own thread, thank you very much. Kindest Regards Jason

·
Gerald Lambourn
1,006 Posts
When I hired a Citroen Tube for a move I felt I had become half-French! Just a suggestion of the rivet counting type, the font(police) of the number plates needs attention, also the old type number plates don't have the "tirets", only the new ones.

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
I love the H Van and did one out of styrene a few years ago.

This one is great! Was there really such a vehicle as the 3 axle transporter version? It is so cool and your detailing is exceptional. The two figures are very real, especially the passenger turing for a look. Of course they should be smoking Gitanes but that is the small stuff.

I do think you should move the guide closer to the front axle as it will better simulate the tight turning radius H vans had.

Love the TA car too. Where did you get it? Is is slot car or a body that can be made into a slot car?

Really great work

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all and I'll start with the answers, I understand.
Put the Guide near the axis gives less turning radius, but less skidding, my circuit has very tight turns where I need skid
But i proves the change.
Existed a model with two rear axles.
In Spain there is little tradition of brass chassis like you, the level seen here it costs us, but we will continue to improve, also the rods I get free at work.
The Traccion Avant is a model of the house Tamiya chassis Slot Classic.
A greeting.
Daniel
Im sorry for my english but I used the Google Translator

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,635 Posts
Love this transporter
great job.

Managed to find a photograph of a 1:1 but unsure if it is a recent creation.

I guess it is front-wheel drive.

Inspired by S-o-S I also built an HY from plasticard although it is a static model.

Kind regards, Leo

·
Gerald Lambourn
1,006 Posts
The H van is a front-wheel drive with a really low floor at the back, the registration plate in the photo is about 2005, and the "Amis du Type H" poster is quite new too. The type H (tube) is characteristic of the French markets that we all love, they often have amazingly long rearward extensions for use as travelling shops. Gerald
PS You can date French plates at plaque.free.fr

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Hi Priamorex, This is a fantastic piece of work. Thanks so much for sharing.
Cheers,
Richard

·
Mr. Olufsen
1,212 Posts
How did I manage to miss this one? good call to bump it. Absolutely brilliant, what a nice and unique transporter. Well done.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Love the H type, infact most things Citroen, I've owned 6 different varients.

When I get a round tuit, I'll get on of the kits on offer of the 4 wheel one. I'd love a real one to use as a camper van , makes a change from a VW.

Thanks for sharing the build process

Simon

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Yes please!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
That is simply fantastic! Thank you for sharing that and how you built it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts