SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know wether there is a bodyshell/kit available of the old french shed on wheels? would love to build one but dont really want to start totally from "scratch". would have to have a hot rod twist like this though.........

·
Circuit Owner
5,913 Posts
I think I saw one in Sig's Mexican airfield track thread on SlotForum. Mind you it could be either 1:32 or 1:43 depending on what part of the track it's on.

I seem to remember it was full of bullet holes!

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,631 Posts
Hello,
Resinas Musketeer do a 1:32 version - Linky

Unfortunately, this was not available when I made my own. Thought it would be an easy scratchbuild as the van is very boxy. The reality is that it is more difficult to get angled straight joins right...
Looks better than this photograph - honest !!

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Hi there,

I built one myself out of styrene sheets. I found a pdf template for building a paper version but decided to put in a little extra effort and make it plastic with a PCS chassis underneath. I think I can send you the file if you want. I have to find it first!

It is pretty easy as H vans are pretty much made up of flat panels. I also did a trailer for towing a Caterham.

Frank T found and wrote about a resin kit as well: http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?...=46882&st=0

The thread I wrote is at: http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36022

Here are some photos:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool vans guys! dont think i've got the patience for a full on scratch build but the resin kit looks great. there was a 1/32 plastic static model on ebag but it was a bit pricey to go cutting up. one day , one day!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hi

great Vans!! I have the resin kit and it is very nicely done. On the "to do" list. They also make a Renault van. And the Citroen is also available now as a metal toy in France, but have not seen it on ebay here.

all my very best,

Charles

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
QUOTE (Mr Modifier @ 16 Feb 2012, 22:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think I saw one in Sig's Mexican airfield track thread on SlotForum. Mind you it could be either 1:32 or 1:43 depending on what part of the track it's on.

I seem to remember it was full of bullet holes!
haha! yep its 1:43 and yes full of bullet holes which was seen as heracy by some!
...it was a knackered toy before i destroyed it honest!
looking forward to seeing a slammed hotrod version

pete that first image is ace, quite futuristic if you look at it through different eyes..will be following your progress

1 - 8 of 8 Posts