SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

I am currently looking for the beautiful looking new SCX citroen Xsara Montecarlo.

I am from the UK and cannot find anywhere that sells this version.

I have a few of questions:

A) Is it available in the uk? if not where could i get it imported?

Is it digital Only?

C) Is the SCX Citroen Xsara Sweden Model as good? (i have got to say i prefer 2 names on the window insted of the big "SAINZ" just looks a bit taccy :S)

Appriciate the help in advance and have attatched a picture of the 1 i am looking for:

(Also any other pics of the monaco version will go down nicely!!
)

Please note this isnt the snow effect 1 !

I have checked getslotted and slotcity and they only have the sainz version.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hehe i just phoned getslotted from the uk and they said we have had a delivery this morning!

and guess what was in the delivery!

The above hehehe

I will post some pics when it arrives if any1s interested,

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know i was tempted to ask myself!

I am after the focus to, looks stunning from the pics! I also am after the fiesta and the C2.

He said they have had a big delivery and they havent updated the site with the new stuff yet.

So fingers crossed in the next day or to they may be some news!

I also ordered the new Skoda Sports LTD edition ( i think the slotforum review made me do it !
)

Ordered been dispatched yay

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have both that Monte Carlo and the "1000 Lakes" Sweden Xsaras (and another Monte Carlo with rain effect...).
Personally I prefer the "1000 Lakes" version, since the light cluster is working on that one! Didn't really think about the single name on the window, but now that you mention it I think it looks a bit lame...

I drive faster with the Xsara, but in all fairness it was after the motor had been run in and the wheels had been replaced.
The Skoda is faster, but doesn't keep up in the twisty sections at the club. Some well placed weight would probably improve its performance significantly.

Note that I haven't tried any of the cars with magnets, so I have no idea how they perform with them.

André

·
Registered
571 Posts
Would it be possible to add lighting to the light cluster on the standard Monte Carlo version? i.e Are all the openings etc already there just waiting for some LED's?

I would love to have a version lit like this but I am not a fan of the snow effect on the 1000 lakes version.

JS

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok here are some pics,

I have to say i am amazed by the skoda, its knocks the citroen out the window, the detail is amazing. (stunning!)

I set up a little track to test them, i dont like running them to much, bit of a collector myself as u will see from some of the photos

i have been collecting since last christmas have about 30 cars in total now

Anyway i took a photo with the new subaru aswell as i feel its as good as the skoda

enjoy!

·
Registered
571 Posts
VERY nice!

Although SCX are usually slightly behind Scalextric in the quality stakes, from a slight distance you can't tell and the cars look great next to each other on the track.

Nice collection of cars too.

All you need now is that SCX Focus and a 307!

Where do you display your cars. The display case looks rather grander than my shelf hidden away upstairs!

JS

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hehe its an ikea job! (only 40 quid aswell!)

it currently holds all of my cars *JUST*

i am after the focus and the fiesta and c2 :E

I am moving house soon though and i think ill need a bigger case.

The great thing about display cases is the "no dust" your cars always look the business.

Ill post a pic of the display case later. I modded it a bit by adding a light which is nice on the nights

1 - 12 of 12 Posts