Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm now beginning the groundings for our 1st restructured class and thought I'd begin with GT's and Prototypes.
Before I can start on a ruleset for this I'd like to ask Members what they would like to see put together into a single class.
The 2 main questions I can immediately think of are:
1. Should we have a GT/Saloon only class and keep LMP's seperate as they are currently?
2. Should we include BPR GT's in an "Open GT" class or keep them as a seperate class?
Please give your thoughts and views on the subject either on Facecarp, on the Club's page on Slotforum or in person over the next couple of weeks.
Once I have an idea of who would like what I'll put a vote together then after that a ruleset can be determined.
Please try not to go too "off piste" with this, other classes will be discussed in due course.

Cheers.
Nik.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think we should keep LMP, GT,Saloon, and BPR separate as they are all very individual. The GT class we are running at the moment could maybe drop in with the Scaleauto NSR class.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Is it possible to look at past race data? I agree "on feeling" that LMP will always be quicker than GT, and GT will always be quicker than Saloons, but I would be happy mixing classes up if there is no significant real world difference. In that case (if both proposed mixes show insignificant differences), I would prefer to mix GT's and LMP's instead of GT's and Saloons, just because that would at least be endurance cars vs endurance cars.

I wouldn't fold BPR into Open GT. Plenty of opportunity to run BPR-bodied cars in Open GT already, and no-one does (even with faster motors than BPR-spec, and air hubs)... I don't see why they'd start doing so if the classes were mixed together.

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Hi Nik,

LMP should be kept separate from GTs. No one will run a GT in a class that includes LMPs.

BPR could only be paired with the GT class if the motor rules, and probably a few other details, were aligned.

Even then a modern GT is much bigger than most of the BPR cars.

I would be against including the GT class with the NSR GT3s. I think we should keep our GT3 class aligned exactly with the National series.

One thing that might work is to combine GT with Group 5. Motor rules, car dimensions and lap times are similar.

Cheers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Nik,
In answer to your questions and with regard to the views already expressed my preference would be:
1) one general open GT class (BPR GT's merged with current GT class )
2) similarly one general open World Touring car class including current DTM's
3) GT3 class based on National Class series - seems logical to keep this alighted to other clubs
4) LMP only class - just feel that these cars are best raced as a separate class.
5) Group 5 only class- again prefer to keep this group separate as other clubs tend to do.
Regards
Graham

1 - 7 of 7 Posts