Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rule change for DTM class (incl 3D printed chassis and Slot It cars) agreed. Updated rule set will be posted in our website

Rule proposal submitted for Classic GP - change to rear tyre dimensions to bring in line with CSCRA rules (ie tall and narrow) which are more in keeping with the spirit of the class. No more trying those Cartrix tyres down to their widest part. Will vote on it in two weeks.

Matt

·
Registered
356 Posts
For those struggling to view them, press shift-F5 when on the "Scalex" page, to force your browser to reload the entire page and get the updated link. My browser was assuming nothing had changed so was showing me the old file link.

·
Registered
744 Posts
There is a NEW RULE CHANGE PROPOSAL from Sean Illet with regards to the Ninco Classic Ruleset.

The proposal is to allow any 18K motor to replace the increasingly hard to get hold of Ninco NC1 so an example could be the STANDARD Scalextric Mabuchi unit?

Cheers.

Nik.

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Two new classes agreed:

RTR Trans-am - as per CSCRA rules. These are on our website now.

90's BPR GT - rules as per recently run event although motor limit reduced from 23k to 20k. Rules are not yet on our website as they require formatting to our standard.

Matt

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some approved rule changes:

Class: Classic Slot It & NSR

Rule Change: Allow Thunderslot Lola both Coupe and Spyder

Class: GT Cars

Rule Change: Allow Scalextric Ford GT and Merc AMG GT3

Class: NASCAR

Rule Change: Gear ratios - inline gear choice 9:27 or 9:28; sidewinder gear choice 11:34 or 11:36

·
Gordon Steadman
6,873 Posts
Just read that the NC1 is getting rare - I should put these on the bay, that rare word will work wonders.

Anyway, I have four here plus a few others that have come my way, I assume they are standard Scalex. Free to anyone who is coming to Bordo or can take them back for someone who wants them.

I never run them so it's daft them just sitting in a box. Old Ninco chassis could be included if wanted but they are naff to say the least.

Sorry if this should be elsewhere but it's relevant here.

Attachments

·
David Collins
2,359 Posts
As requested, here are the comments I made at our Friday club night last week about the Open GT class proposal.

I do appreciate and support the intent of the proposal, which was to help reduce the number of classes we run, but I think it important that we do not throw the baby out with the bath water!

The allowable chassis should be made with injection moulded or 3D printed plastic, and specifically NOT with carbon fibre or any other material that semanticists might call 'plastic'. This is to retain the close relationship of our club classes to commercially available cars and keep the racing accessible to newbies or those on limited incomes. All our classes conform to this idea apart from F1, where changes slipped past without, IMHO, enough discussion.

The class should begin with cars from 1999 onwards. This is in keeping with our club approach to have classes which reflect a specific era and style of car - the BPR homologation specials are very different to the Vipers, Corvettes, 911s etc. which dominated GT racing after 1999.

All tyres should be black. A more general point that should be applied to all class standards, I think we should ban red, grey or any other colour tyre before people try to use them, to retain the scale appearance of our classes.

·
David Collins
2,359 Posts
We discussed the LMP and Unlimited Sports/GT classes last Friday. I propose that we combine these into one Unlimited LMP class (but without GT cars which fit into Nick's proposed GT class). I will produce a document if the idea meets with everyone's favour.

BTW we did discuss dropping the Rally class - where did we get to on that.

I'll copy this to the FB page.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts