Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Phil Field
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

As the track is coming on now, we need to discuss classes.

Heres my thoughts!

For the rest of 2012 have five classes plus club cars.

Ninco DTM as per wye valley

Classic GT as per wye valley

70's F1 as per wye valley

Ninco GT as per Wales and west.

Open GT.

Other classes up for consideration:-

80's F1. Control motor and tyres.

NSR GT2/3 Audi, Porsche and Corvette. Evo motor with 13t pinion.

Inline GT.

Ninco Classics. Control motor? Ninco unglued tyres?

NSR Hatch Clio/Punto fix gear ratio?

Ninco F1. Contol motor, ninco tyres.

Racer Group 5 Capri, Porsche and Lancia.

SIC 2013 regs.

Then theres the other scales!!
Kyoshos, Xlots and BRM's.

Cheers
Phil.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi Phil.
I prefer 6 'proper 'classes.
I Like; open GT, NSR Classics, W&W Ninco GT, Super Touring, NSR Corvette/Audi, Inline GT, Racer Group 5. I would do 'standard' Ninco DTM, but allow glued tyres.
Don't like; Scalex F1, Ninco F1, 80's F1 any other scale than the correct one! (1.32)
Just my thoughts, you guys will have to set the classes to suit your members.
Cheers Bill.

·
Phil Field
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bill,

I see you love the F1!

Would you like a 70's f1 class using different manufacturers?

The ninco DTM's are standard except scale-auto silver can short or long.
If you wanted to run in this class you can glue your tyres

What super tourers do you run? spirit 406?

Cheers
Phil.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi Phil.
If the other guys really want to do F1, I think the Ninco option would be best. You could allow F1 or CART/Indy models, they are OK for crash resistance, and are much nicer to drive/tune than horrible 70's Scalextric c--p. You could allow guys to run Scalex as well, keeping the costs down for those who have them already.
The problem with detailed 70's F1, from Fly for instance, is on Ninco track you can get crashfest races that leave all the detail on the track! (I used to run F1 at Phoenix, super glue sessions after every race!)
I would not mind the DTM's. If everyones running unglued, I wil have to do the same!
Super Tourers as I see it, are any Touring model or silhouette, such as the Ninco Megane and Spirit 406 Coupe. The New racer Capri and the 'old' Fly Capri would also be allowed. To make this an 'easy' class to police, just say any motor/any tyre.
TBH, The track as is at the moment has not got enough juice to make a very powerful motor a sensible option, something in the 21-25K range is as much as the track can support.
Whatever classes you and Keith run, I will do my best to support the club and come along and race. I would struggle to find the enthusiasm to run, even borrowed, BRM 'lorries' or Desloted 'tinys'...but that is just my hatred of anything the 'wrong' scale!!
Cheers Bill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts