SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Hi guys.

Im looking for help, I need a new Classic F1 style car.

For the past year or so I have used a scaley eagle dan gurney, I did fit a 10k motor in it & NSR rear tyres as it was always raced on wood. I snapped the guide holder & I have repaired it several times but it keeps snapping so its time for a new car. It has to be a classic with out wings.

I have been looking at he Cartrix range but I can not find a decent review of how these cars perform, or can anyone think of any other brand.

Cheers Paul.

·
Premium Member
8,229 Posts
Cartrix classics are great handsome...certainly too good for you though!

Or why not try a vintage Scaley with the Powersledge motor in..I`ll point them out to you at Gaydon next week.
Cheers,
Kev

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Cheers Kev.

What are the tyres like on the cartrix cars, will they need changing or just a bit of TLC. I am after a new car of a old model as you know im not into the old stuff

Cheers Paul.
ps. Just think this time next week you will be walking up the A1, after winding me up since 6am

·
Marc Abbott
1,916 Posts
I love the Cartrix F1 cars and they can be made to go very well without a magnet.

Never raced them on wood though, but I would imagine if you can get an Eagle to perform well, you'll have no trouble with a Cartrix. on Ninco track they are a blast

Change the pinion and gear - they're not manufactured very well. You might also (if allowed) find it good to add some weight... but not much. If you want more power, insert a Slot.It motor.

Ninco classic tyres also fit straight on to the hubs.

Bets of the bunch? Merc or BRM for me. (Mercs are hard to find now though).

Aston Martin will be out soon too.

ABBO

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Abbo, Ill be on the look out for any cartrix next weekend. I can do pretty much what I like to the car as long as the motor is smaller than 22k.

Thanks Paul.

·
Premium Member
8,229 Posts
Don`t give him any more tips man ABBO...he`s hard enough to beat as it is!
Tyres are fine on Cartrix .
BTW, do you know when the Aston is coming out ABBO?
Cheers,
Kev.

·
Alan Tadd
4,050 Posts
I have found that the Cartrix tyres grip fairly well on wood, but the main problem I have had with them is that they all split in storage. I have replaced with either Ortman or Paul Gauge tyres, both are excellent for these cars.

Regards

Alan

·
Marc Abbott
1,916 Posts
The Aston is supposed to be any time now
Which could mean any time now or any time in the future. A limited run (as you probably are aware) has already been made and they're on eBay for a stupid price.

I've never had a problem with the Cartrix tyres splitting. Do you store them in a overly warm place or something or add any liquids to the rubber, Beejay7 ?

ABBO

·
Premium Member
8,229 Posts
Thanks ABBO.
I `ve also never had tyres splitting. But then again I`ve only done a test lap with each car. Maybe Alan uses his on a regular basis?
Cheers,
Kev.

PS Jouef rooools FZ old chap!!

·
Alan Tadd
4,050 Posts
QUOTE Do you store them in a overly warm place or something or add any liquids to the rubber, Beejay7 ?

I do store them in a place where there are temperature extremes, and this may be the reason for the splitting ....I have had this problem before with a few Fly tyres and some Slotter tyres, so it could be a "one off" if no one else is having problems....They are still very good cars tho'....

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
289 Posts
I,ve raced my Cartrix BRM & Bugatti on our clubs old mdf track & they are fine with (good) stock tyres or the Ninco classics,the wider ones dont look out of place on the Bug.

Beejay7; I,ve never thought of putting Ortmanns on, what size please ? & i,ve never heard of Paul Gauge tyres, are they Urethane ?

Loosesalute, I hope we meet at Gaydon if you are going,as I suspect we,re kindred spirits I.E. nutters !

I,ll be easy enough to spot in my lycra cycling apparel

Robert.

·
Alan Tadd
4,050 Posts
Robert

The Ortmans to use are 49c, Ninco Classic 7mm wide size, available from RS Slotracing.
Paul's urethane tyres can be found here :-Pau'ls Website. He is based in Canada but I get tyres within a week of ordering.
Also you could try yellowdogs from the states, MJK from Australia or Slot Race Shop in New Zealand. Nearer home try AB Slotsport. All are urethane.

All these tyres work well on my track, (wood, copper, smooth semi-gloss finish). and I've used them all in the past.

Regards

Alan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.