SlotForum banner

Classic NSR v Slot.it 6hour endurance

6K views 90 replies 16 participants last post by  John Parr 
#1 ·
Hello all,

After recent discussions with Mr johnnynobber and mr Ken Mason, I am pleased to announce an inter-club challenge between the clubs of East Anglia.

The format will be classic slot cars made by NSR or Slot.it. Each team is free to use which ever make it prefers but will have to stick to parts from the chosen manufacturer.
The models will be restricted to the original motor so, NSR will use the 20k motor and Slot.it 21.5k motor, but gear and tyre choice are free but must stay with the chosen make as stated above. i.e. The NSR Porsche 917 cannot use slot.it p6

The Slot.it HRS chassis can be used with a classic body from any other make but the model will be regarded as a Slot.it for the purpose of this competition. Weight may be added.

The race will be a 6 hour endurance for teams of between 4-6 drivers. Park ferme restrictions will be applied to models during lane changes. The race will be decided by total distance over the four lanes and the winning team will be presented with a trophy.

The provisional date of 4th february 2012 has been agreed upon and the price per team has been set at £30.

Colchester and NSR clubs have both confirmed and ASR and Presto Park have provisionally entered as far as I know.

If there are any questions regarding this event please PM me.

See less See more
#4 ·
Sounds like a good series, Tendring must be the early favourites as we have a wealth of young talent who will be alert for the whole race. I can't see the oldies from NSR staying awake for as long as 6 hours at once.....

QUOTE The models will be restricted to the original motor so, NSR will use the 20k motor and Slot.it 21.5k motor, but gear and tyre choice are free but must stay with the chosen make as stated above. i.e. The NSR Porsche 917 cannot use slot.it p6

Do the same rules apply for wheels? I assume the cars must have to use the wheels and inserts the cars came with?

Pete

#5 ·
Hi Peter, If we give the NSR team a mug of Horlicks before the race that will slow them down even more. I hope to be able to put a Presto team together for the race but the NSR team are Presto's quickest drivers, so i may have a problem trying to match them.
Mike. Presto.

#8 ·
Hi Mike

Are you forgetting yourself a former presto champion
then there are Roger, Alan, Alex, Peter to name a few and several potentially fast newer drivers who will no doubt be faster with more track time. Really hope you can get e team together we might even have to open the transfer market

#9 ·
Yes I think you are being a litle harsh Mike...the last time I raced at Presto I was in the D final while Peter, Alex and Alan were in the A I think - so there's three quick ones you should definately have on your shortlist...Roger has also raced successfully at Norwich and knows the track well and there's no racer more consistent than him....

#11 ·
QUOTE (scudbong @ 29 Nov 2011, 10:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sounds like a good series, Tendring must be the early favourites as we have a wealth of young talent who will be alert for the whole race. I can't see the oldies from NSR staying awake for as long as 6 hours at once.....

Do the same rules apply for wheels? I assume the cars must have to use the wheels and inserts the cars came with?

Pete

I think it is very dangerous to make assumptions.......

As long as the hub and the rest of the model are made by the same company, then its fine. Those using a slot.it may want to use their new air hub as the NSR would potentially have a grip advantage otherwise.

Inserts are welcome but not a priority.

#14 ·
I can now confirm Presto Park will be entering a team for this event. I have spoken to Guiseppe Giovanni at NSR and he is building us a Porsche 917 for the event. I have told him it must be reliable and last the full six hours and he assures me it will be.

Now he is driving with the Presto Team i feel a lot more confident,
so looking forward to the event. Bring it on. Mike

#15 ·
I think this is a series that Wellingborough club could be interested in. If you would consider expanding it to 5 clubs then I can put the proposal to the club. I realise most clubs, including us, run on 4 lanes, but if this is a goer then I am sure a suitable racing arrangement can be agreed.
cheers
Matt

#17 ·
QUOTE (mtucker666 @ 30 Nov 2011, 10:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think this is a series that Wellingborough club could be interested in. If you would consider expanding it to 5 clubs then I can put the proposal to the club. I realise most clubs, including us, run on 4 lanes, but if this is a goer then I am sure a suitable racing arrangement can be agreed.
cheers
Matt

We only have four lanes so can,t fit you in sadly. Maybe we should arrange another one?

#21 ·
Confirming Anglia Slot Racing entering the veterans section..average age 50+.
Red Bull pit crew ....6 second wheel change for all four wheels..........ASR pit crew 9 minutes 28 seconds to change 2 rear wheels on ninco megane... Be very afraid gentlemen!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.