SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My circuit is made up mostly of Scaley Classic track, i do however have a section of Sport track. What i need help with is that my cars run great around the classic track but when they come onto the Sport sections they star to sputter and stop this affects all of my cars (even the Scaley sport models) but the Fly cars are the worst for this

I dont know how to stop this i have tryed new braids, no differnece

i have tryed spreading out the braids slight improvment but not for long

I have tryed bending the braids, which helps with this section but makes the cars far more likely to deslot

What do i do?
This may be a basic question to many of you, but i am perplexed

Cheers Wayne

·
Matt Tucker
3,561 Posts
Wayneslot
I run on a mix of Sport, Classic and SCX and don't have this problem. You've identiefied the problem (braid contact) but you probably have not tweaked enough. Really splay the end of the braids out until you can see individual threads and spread them in a V. This should resolve the problem. If you bend the end then the bent end configures itself for the classic raised rails and then won't contact properly with the Sport rails - try keeping the braid flat.

Finally on plastic track IMHO enure the guide is completley in the slot with the front wheels just touching the track (thru their whole rotation) with 0.5-0.75mm upwards play (to a/c for bumps). If the wheels are more firmly planted on the track they will lift the guide and braid off the rails which does not make a big diff on the raised rails Classic track but will on the flat railed Sport track.

Hope you resolve it as there is noting worse than cars that splutter round the track.

Tuck

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wayne,
Another idea that might help - its also possible the problem is the track itself, where the Sport-Classic adapters connect to the Classic track. The adapters come with a note to trim off a piece from the Classic track connector, the little plastic lug that supports the rail's male connector (oh for a diagram or a better description). I noticed if I didn't do it that the adaptor track's slot rails sat up, instead of flush with the track, and power to the Sport section was either reduced or intermittent.

Good luck,
Glenn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts