SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

A few thoughts for 2013 Rule changes for Classic's.

Our Classic series is fast becoming Formula Slot-it and soon may be Formula Alfa Romeo to the detriment of many other
car models, in other words if its the lowest, lightest and widest its just the ticket.

The NSR's can't keep up with the Slot-it motor (Rob's excepted ?), the Fly's are disadvantaged by not being able to run the
same gearing and anything else doesn't stand a chance.

I suspect the majority of members dislike the F22 tyres but I do see the reason behind using them, however there are those
that know just how much or little oil to use on them before they spin of the wheels (a very fine line), personally I would
prefer NO TYRE TREATMENT or glue them if only to even things up a bit let alone keep having to buy new tyres because
they've grown to much for the wheels (ALLOW Larger dia wheels),

How about a MINIMUM WEIGHT LIMIT (say for instance 70-75 grams) this will even things up and be able to use more of a
variety of cars, closed gt cars in particular.

Allow the Fly cars and others to use a 12t pinion and the NSR's to use the Slot-it motor.

Robert.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Addendum to thread,

As you can see it was pretty late when I submitted the thread and was a bit rushed with the last couple of lines.

Allowing the Fly cars etc to use a 12t pinion means they could run a larger dia 7.5mm pinion to make up for the fact they
can only use 34t+ 19mm ratio's, thus allowing the use of 30t+ gears.

Robert.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.