SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
I dunno about anyone else but I'm really wanting to see some different cars in the 1960/70 Trans Am vein.

Clearly Scalextric has the rights to Ford and Chevrolet with three variations on each (not counting team numbers). What about the rest of the field?

Does Carrera hold the copyright to all Daimler Chrysler brands which would include the AAR "Cuda and the Dodge Challenger and also probably the AMC Javelin (connected to the Jeep brand).

I like the look of the Noisy Muse Jav but I'd love to see some RTR's

Carrera seems to be focused on Classic Nascar, Scalex on Trans Am. What are the chances we'll see some other cars?

Cheers

Steve

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tropi said:
QUOTE Advertisers will pay vast amounts of money to a racing team to have their Brand/Logo placed on the racing car. They reckon the exposure to onlookers will encourage sales and improve their own profitability.
OK, that seems a simple principle.

If a model car manufacturer wants to place the same Brand/Logo on a model car, the same advertiser not only thinks they should not pay the model car maker for the advertising but that, conversely (perversely), the model car maker should pay the advertiser as well.

You have captured the essence of the difference between advertising and merchandising

If the truth be told, the trouble is not with the advertisers per se, but all the pony tail wearing advertising execs and law merchants (first up against the wall when the revolution comes!!).

Silly really, but all I want is a Sam Posey Dodge Challenger that I don't have to build from scratch that is a match for the Scaley Mustangs and Camaros (so that excludes Carrera/Ninco/etc....)

Cheers
Steve

PS apologies to any Slot Forum Members in either the legal or advertising professions. Your devotion to slots redeems you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.