SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Well i have read a lot on this forum about painting the track with the atempt to get it to look a bit more realistic. It´s ben a lot of fun as well as interesting to see how many of you lads have done. Most of you ? ( the ones i have seen out here) used a foam brush when painting the track pieces, i tryed another way and used a spray can. And the end result turned out better then i had expected. I managed to spray in a way that made the black a little bit visible under the gray paint. And the effect was really nice. I have only painted 4 pices of track, in order to "test" the paint and also to get some qlue of how it would turn out. Anyway... a couple of days after i had painted these track pieces i realised that i might have to clean the rails at some point. Well...let´s try hmmmm... that did not work at all, the paint started to desolve when i applied the "cleaning stuff"
. Well i then tryed to use a "masking tape" in an desperate attempt to protect the track, the result ?....did not work either. I am for the moment out of ideas and i could use a helping hand "here". If anyone of you have tryed to clean your painted track or if not, still may have som ideas of how to solve this...i would really appriciate if you could tell me how to do..

regards

Eric

·
Registered
386 Posts
To clean my track I first use a vacuum with the brush attachment on the hose and go around the whole track. Gets all the dust and dirt off. After that if its really bad I use a damp sponge and go around the track. For the rails I use a small peice of a scrubby pad (ScotchBrite) and it get the rails clean without harming the paint.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I tryed cleaning the track as you "recommended"...Well it worked just fine, thank you for helping me out here Lee. Byt the way....Nice track and layout you have, looking forward to see how it progress.

regards

Eric

·
Jan Groosmuller
834 Posts
Eric,

Let me get this straight, are you looking for a way to remove the sprayed paint from the metal parts of your track or are you looking for a way to keep the entire trackpiece clean?

If you need to remove the paint from the conductors I would recommend a "railreinigungsgummi" as the Germans say... This is a mild abrasive spunge, used in model railroads to keep the rails clean. Works wonders for me, next time mask the rails with tape before you spray

If you need t keep the complete trackpieces clean, try a lint-free static cloth (Swiffer et. al. ), works like a charm

Hope this helps

Jan

·
Registered
386 Posts
QUOTE (Larsson @ 3 Aug 2004, 19:13)I tryed cleaning the track as you "recommended"...Well it worked just fine, thank you for helping me out here Lee. Byt the way....Nice track and layout you have, looking forward to see how it progress.

regards

Eric
Glad to hear it worked for you. Thanks for the compliment on the track!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts