Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
I've been sorting through my slot car stuff and have the following excess bits and pieces that I would like to sell, preferably as a single lot!

Any reasonable offer accepted!

BODIES ONLY
(Plastic injection-moulded 1/32nd scale, all mint/new, complete with windows, interiors, wings, mirrors, etc., where applicable)

1) ProSlot Toyota GT-One 98 Venture Safenet #29 (Red)
2) MRRC Chaparral 2C #65 (White)
3) MRRC Shelby Cobra 427 SC Targa Florio 1964 #146 (Blue)
4) MRRC Marlboro McLaren M23 #11 (James Hunt)
5) Ninco BMW V12 LM 98 Fina #2 (White)
6) GB Track Porsche 917/10 Spyder #6 (Yellow / Red stripes)
7) SCX NASCAR Du Pont Chev Monte Carlo #24 (Rainbow Warrior!)
8) Scalextric NASCAR Valvoline Ford Taurus #6 (Blue / White)
9) Fly-Racing Porsche GT-1 98 with chassis (White)
10)Slot.it Audi R8C with lightweight parts (Black)

RESIN BODY KITS
(1/32nd scale, all mint / new)

1) DiTech Jägermeister BMW 320 Group 5 (Orange)
2) DiTech Wurth BMW 320 Group 5 (Yellow)
3) Proto Slot-Kit Ferrari 350 Can-Am (Red)
4) Top Slot Cadillac Le Monstre (Unpainted)

COMPLETE RESIN KITS
(With parts to build complete car - unpainted)

1) Maxi-Models McLaren M6B - Jo Bonnier.
2) Beardog McLaren M-16, with resin body, Indycal decals, BWA wheels and inserts, assembled spring-steel chassis, Sonic gear, Falcon motor.

COMPLETE CARS 1/32nd scale
(All Mint / New - Never Raced)

1) Fly/GB Track Racing 07025 Ford Capri RS Turbo (White - MIB)
2) Fly Racing 07005 Porsche 911 GT1 98 Evo 2R (Blue)
3) Fly Racing 07010 Porsche 911 GT1 98 Evo 2RS (Zakspeed)
4) Scalextric C2472T Ford GT40 (Plain White)
5) Pink Kar CV011 1936 Auto Union Type C (Yellow - MIB)
6) SCX "Vintage" 83390.20 Chaparral 2E Limited Edition (White - MIB)
7) SCX "Vintage" 8353 Mercedes 250SL Sport Limited Edition #719 (Red - MIB)
8) Scalextric C295 Bob Jane Pontiac (Yellow / Black windows - MIB)
9) Scalextric C2020 NASCAR Ford Thunderbird Valvoline (Black windows - MIB)
10)Scalextric C2022 NASCAR Chev Monte Carlo Kodak (Black windows - MIB)
11)Scalextric C2023 NASCAR Chev Monte Carlo Kellogs (Black windows - MIB)

COMPLETE CARS 1/24th scale

1) Carrera Exclusiv Auto Union Type C Streamliner (Mint / Unused Avus set car)
2) Carrera Exclusiv Mercedes Benz W125 (Mint / Unused Avus set car)
3) Complete original mint Cox Gurney Ford Galaxie chassis (RTR - motor, wheels, tyres, etc.) with AMT Ford Galaxie body, nicely sprayed red/white, 2 sets MRE decals, repro resin interior, original unpainted driver figure.

PROFESSOR MOTOR CONTROLLERS
(New / Never Used)

1) PMTR2062 Carrera Home Set Model Electronic Controller - direct plug-in to Carrera power base.
2) PMTR2044 Scalextric Sport / Ninco Home Track Model Electronic Controller - direct plug-in with 3.5mm 3 conductor plug (with brakes).

Please e-mail enquiries to: [email protected]

With kind regards,

Russell

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
What about clearing out one or two of those nice lazer cut chassis Russell I wouldnt mind one of those

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the many enquiries that I have received about selling individual items. My preference is to sell all the items listed as a single lot (just to save myself some trouble with the packaging and postage...). If there are however no takers for the lot by Wednesday, I will entertain requests for individual items on a first come, first served basis.

JcRacer43 - The rules of the forum do not permit me to list prices here (I'm not sure why not....? Nuro?). Please send me a private message or e-mail ([email protected]) and I will send you a price-list.

Graham - I never keep any of my scratch-built cars after an event, on the basis that I believe (read: hope!) that the next one will be better! Besides, I don't have a track, so they would just sit in box and I have enough slot car junk already!

My Marconi Foundation proxy race entries (the Audi R8, Autocoast Ti-22, Alfa Romeo 12C and Lancia-Ferrari D50 were donated to the Marconi Automotive Museum in Tustin, CA., where they have pride of place alongside some the finest slot cars ever made.

The Galaxie and Greenwood Corvette went to Mark Gussin in a trade (in which I definitely got the better deal...). I donated the Alfa 156 to the Hobart Model Car Club and let Philippe keep the Sasol Jordan 192. I gave the Shadow DN4 to Revvs, to see if it can beat his hot-rod's (it's still struggling to do that....).

The McLaren M20 never got raced and I sent it to Jim and Athina to get them interested in scratch-building... and Jim has being doing a great job of it! A couple of other chassis have gone to Chris, Al, Rocky, Larry and others.... oh, wait! I've just found a spare "magnet traction" chassis lying around.... please send me your mailing address.

With kind regards,

Russell

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi Russell

Let me know about the parting out. I would like some of the resin stuff, but you know that the package wouldn't appeal to me!

Are you well?

Fate

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Those Marconi Foundation cars are truly works of art Russell and, the Audi R8 - special beyond belief!

It's a pity the DN4 never made it though - one of my favourite cars and it would have been nice to see it pictured.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi JcRacer43, I've sent you the list.

Many thanks for your kind comments, John. I really must dig out my digital camera and post pictures of the cars I built for this year's Marconi, as I promised I would. Unfortunately, the "red alert" security situation prevailing in the US at the time, particularly with regard to packages being sent from the Gulf region, meant that the cars couldn't arrive in time for the race. At least they are already prepared for the next event, barring any rule changes!

Here are some newer pictures of the Shadow DN4 -- in my opinion the closest a 1:1 scale car ever got to looking like a slot car! I never got around to painting the body, before sending off to Revvvs to play with.

Kind regards,

Russell

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I am not worthy even to comment on the beauty of that chassis, Russell!! It really is a piece of aeronautical precision.

Oh..erm... I just have commented

Mark.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry, sold out!

I have accepted an offer for the lot and would like to thank everyone who enquired about purchasing individual items.

With kind regards,

Russell

1 - 13 of 13 Posts