SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mother gave me these this morning, bought by my eldest brother in 1965, doe's anyone recognize them, who was the maker, are there more characters to collect? Kind Regards Jason

·
Registered
166 Posts
These were not made as an accessory to slot car racing, yet they are great to decorate a race set.
Marx made a play set of figures in the 1950's called the Super Circus Play set (among many others). The figures you have may be Marx or a copy of the Marx , made in Japan or Hong Kong.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that bit of information, spot on, a quick search and I also now know there are indeed many other figure's in this series to look out for. Thanks again, kindest regards Jason

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd asked my mother a week or so ago, if there were any toy soldier's still hanging about my parent's house, I had load's of airfix soldiers back in the 70's, was thinking about spare parts to modify some of the regular scaley figure's. I had to call by today they had a few job's for me, when my mother handed over these clowns I can't tell you how chuffed I was, I'd never seen them before. I'll post some picture's when I've painted them up, they should look splendid.
Kind Regards
Jason

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I slapped a bit of paint on one earlier, still a little to do, to finish him off, but I think he's beginning to look the part. Regards Jason

1 - 20 of 35 Posts