Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rockingham committee will use the following criteria to reopening of the club activities

The government has issued a threat level scale that will likely be applied regionally, so for us E Midlands. I think it likely that conurbations like London, W Midlands and Manchester will be assessed at being at higher levels that E Midlands when they make this assessment.

When we get a regional threat level of 2 or lower then the club will consider the following options:
1) remain closed
2) fully open
3) partially open - this basically is ensuring we are compliant with social distancing requirements in the room ie 2m distance, by limiting numbers accessing the room to enable compliance.

A majority decision will rule with a veto option from our landlord.

Until we open fully we won't be holding any open events.

At the point of reopening we would insist that if you are self isolating either due to health guidance or because of symptoms, you don't come to the club.

Thanks
Matt

·
David Farrow
1,225 Posts
well here we are, month 5 of a 3 week lockdown. has anyone been in contact with Gavin, do we still have a club, anyone any news at all.....

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Happy to receive views.

Country still at alert level 3.

Northampton having extra measures due to infection risk, and this week corby and kettering added to areas of concern and in top 5 infection rates in country.

Realise with my occupation this pandemic, its personal and wider impact dominate my whole life so have very impacted view point.

Matt

·
Registered
744 Posts
Hi Everyone, I have been asked by our Illustrious Chairman to sound out a possible route to reopening the Club soon.
We invite as many of our Members as possible, hopefully ALL our Members, to propose how they see the way forward for the rest of this year. It's pretty obvious that restarting the usual Club Championship would be a waste of time and effort so with that in mind, we'd like your thoughts please. Thoughts on things like how many racers should be on track at any one time? Masks or no masks? Anything that is of relevance and use to the discussion is welcomed.
If we can get things sorted and in place in time then an opening date of Friday October 2nd is not unreasonable?
My view is as follows...as we have been down for so long and as stated above the Club Championship for this year is Null and Void, we should use the time between October and Xmas to get ourselves back in the groove with track time used for practice sessions. Basically timed slots on a rotational basis so everybody present gets track time be it 5 minute sessions or whatever, get in a one way queue around the room and wait your turn, run what you want and be sensible about it all. I also propose that we have at least 2 Fridays or indeed Saturdays dedicated to Digital practice. I don't really see a problem with 4 racers on The Scale Track at a time as long as masks are worn? Keep your hands as clean as you can and bring your own sanitiser. Please use some common sense, if you do not feel well do not come to The Club.
Those are my thoughts, PLEASE TAKE SOME TIME TO GIVE US YOUR INPUT.
Thankyou.

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Hi Nik,

I am now back in school every day with over 1000 kids, teachers and helpers.

We try to maintain social distancing between the adults and the kids but it's still a huge risk for all the adults.

For me going to the club would be a much lower risk than going into work each day.

The risk for the other club members is that I could carry the virus to the club without knowing it.

I am happy to attend club nights and to follow what ever rules are put in place.

Don't mind if we race or just practice but would likely attend more often for races.

Looking forward to getting back.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Any progress on this?

We are still currently allowed to meet up with up to 6 other people.

In that situation we probably can't run organised racing but surely it would be OK to open up for some practise evenings.

If we wear masks, sanitise our hands on arrival on only touch our own cars and controllers we should be OK.

The only thing that several people might touch is the computer but if that is regularly wiped down or only one person is allowed to use it there shouldn't be a problem.

We might have to set up a booking system to ensure no more than 6 people are there at any one time.

Rob and I would be happy to open up on Friday evenings if I can get my keys back from Nick Wade.

Cheers.

·
Registered
866 Posts
We are reopened at North Staffs in much reduced circumstances, Mondays and Fridays, 6 members only per evening, prebooked in, 3 racing, 3 marshalling, using the four central lanes of six. Masks worn, one way system, sanitised regularly.
We are carrying on with the schedule of classes, but no points awarded, different but enjoyable and better than nothing, some members haven't returned yet which is understandable.
I too am at school, only part time, but with 1000 pupils, some of whom have parents in the NHS or care homes as jobs,one of our dt team has a wife who works in a care home, so I personally don't think that 6 people slot racing is any more risky than being safe, as the prime minister has told us, at school.

·
Registered
744 Posts
**** sorry for the slow reply I really don't look on here very often, during these circumstances I really should pay more attention.

Discussion is ongoing but also slow going. As soon as there's anything to report it will be posted.

I think the "rule of 6" could potentially make things easier as some of the "oldies" (I mean that affectionately haha) voiced that they wouldn't return to a crowded environment.

Maybe we'd need to open 2 nights a week to accomodate everyone but we're really not that far along as yet.

More when I have it.

Cheers.

Nik.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Update...

For those who don't use Facebook this was posted today...

I have had a number of enquiries and suggestions re opening.

I can see we could open for track running, limited to six and insisting they follow social distancing (so 2 on the track at any one time max) exemplary hand hygene and mask wearing with no exceptions.

A register for track and trace will need to be kept

Will need a key holder, which is currently me, thomson, wade and gavin.

If anyone has serious concerns beyond the personal (everyone can make a choice to attend or not) please post.

Limited to current members.

Suggest for those whom want to post their desire and we can create groups of six or less. If more than 6 groups run alternate fridays or separate days.

Matt

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Rob and I both want to come along.

Graham Edwards has emailed me to say he wants to be there as well.

I am happy to open up for a separate group if that's what it takes but, as I said above, I need to get my keys back from Nick Wade so would need to meet up with him at the club sometime soon.

Cheers.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Just when we seem to have an opportunity the rules change again.

Luckily Northants appears to be in Tier 1 at the moment so we'll see what happens next.

Groups confirmed so far are...

Nik K

Matt T

Adam LM

Nick W

John U

Sean I

**** K

Rob K

Graham E

Steve F

There are quite a few members who have not offered any indication or opinion as yet so we'll see where this goes?

More when I have it.

Cheers

Nik

·
Registered
744 Posts
Fair enough Dave thanks for your reply keep safe mate. Mr. Farrow has expressed his wish to join in but there's a distinct lack of voices from the Brisca guys?
More when I have it.

Cheers
Nik

·
Registered
744 Posts
Hi everybody, hope you're all safe and well?

As you may be aware some discussion has been going on regarding possibly reopening the club for practice sessions.

Gavin has said that he has no issues with us using the club room as long as the necessary measures are put into place and to this end I have asked Mr. Wade, as he lives literally around the corner, if he will assist me with the task of making the club room as safe to use as is reasonably practicable. This will involve making the room into a 1 way system, setting spacings on the pit tables, getting a "track and trace" register set up, making sure we have suitable cleaning materials and sanitisers, although please feel free to bring your own bottles of sanitisers with you if you wish.
FACE COVERINGS WILL BE MANDATORY! If you cannot wear 1 for whatever reason you will be unable to attend at present. We ALL need to exercise common sense to protect our Members.

The intention is to have the room ready to safely use by the end of October therefore allowing the 1st Brisca night to take place on Tuesday November 3rd for those who wish to attend, Mr. Taylor are you able to coordinate this?

There are 2 options for Scale Track Racers. We have 11 Members interested in attending so we can either stay to opening on a Friday night only as we have done previously which would entail the 2 groups we have attending on alternating weeks, or we could potentially open on a Thursday night as well depending on numbers wishing to attend which night they prefer?
As there are only a couple of weeks until our intended reopening it's important for Members to indicate their preference ASAP please.

The 2 groups we currently have are... A: Myself, Matt T, John U, Nick W, Adam LM and El Seanio (6), and B: **** K, Rob K, Steve F, Graham E and Dave F (5).

After some consideration I think it's best to stay in these "bubbles" as they are now termed but that is only my personal view and I welcome anyone else to give their opinion.

Members may remember at last years club AGM that Matt indicated his intention to step down from the role of Club Chairman? Currently Matt needs to direct the vast majority of his efforts and concentration into the responsibilities of his position within our NHS and has expressed his gratitude for this matter being taken from his hands. With this in mind and with Mr. Tucker's blessing, I would like to indicate my intention to put myself forward for the role of Club Chairman.

I hope I can count your support in getting our club up and running again albeit in a reduced operating capacity because as I see it "Anything is better than nothing."

Please note that if the current Tier 1 rating of Northants increases to Tier 2 then we will have no choice but to abandon this plan until such time as is safe to resume.

Any questions please ask either openly or privately and remember that all opinions count. LET'S GET CRACKING.

Cheers

Nik

·
Registered
744 Posts
Thanks for the support **** much appreciated 👍
In light of yours and Rob's choice of Friday we will alternate the 2 groups we have currently starting on November 6th with group A.
The question has been raised as to whether members can attend Tuesdays for Raceway AND Fridays for Scale Track? At this time I think members should choose 1 or the other as, as Steve Taylor explained on the Facebook page, a week Tuesday to Tuesday is enough time for any symptoms to manifest themselves whereas 3 days Tuesday to Friday is not. We should pick a "bubble" and keep to it I think.
Any further views on this are welcomed.

Cheers
Nik

·
Registered
744 Posts
Hi All, Mr. Wade and I spent around 3 hours in the clubroom this evening. A big thankyou to whomever contributed some masks and sanitiser which were left on the bench for us. Ok so far we have cleaned, sprayed and mopped the kitchen area including the microwave which, to be honest was bloody disgusting, cleaned, sprayed and mopped the toilet, cleaned the pit benches and marked them into 2 metre spaces (please keep to the middle of these spaces lads), sprayed the chairs with anti-bac, vacuumed the carpeted floor and the surface of the Scale Track, wiped the rostrum of the scale track and cleaned the computer.
We didn't touch the surface of the Raceway as we didn't know what effect any sprays may have on the surface? We thought it best to leave this task for Mr.Taylor.
Nick and I have touched on the subject of the proposed 1 way system and believe that this may not be necessary? With a maximum of 6 people in the room, at this point we think that unless there are constant breaches of the 2metre rule we'll leave it for members to be sensible and exercise discretion. Any views on this please voice them.
Currently there are a couple of things to replace, the toilet brush and the dust pan and brush were horrible. Any tea, coffee, sugar and chocolate bars have been thrown away as they were waaaay out of date.
Progress seems to be good and we are confident we will be ready to open in time for the proposed dates. I'll keep you all posted in the mean time, as ever, any questions please ask.
There are some pictures on the member's facebook page, I'm sorry but it's too much of a pain to get them loaded on here.

Cheers.
Nik

Reactions: justDave
1 - 20 of 40 Posts