Slot Cars Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Hi everyone hope you're all safe and well?

Ok, the clubroom is now ready to go, I went in last night for a final once over and to make sure everything is in place so we can use the room as safely as possible. I'd ask all who attend to please follow these simple rules...

Remember that a facemask is compulsory...no excuses please.

When you get to the top of the stairs you must sanitise your hands BEFORE you sign in in the book. The 1st page is for Members to put down a contact phone number, this saves the necessity of writing your number everytime you sign in. After that it's simply who's there, when and confirm that your weekly Subs have been paid.

Subs money to be put into the plastic container upon signing in. Please make an effort to have the correct amount to reduce the need to give change.
Mr. Thomson will collect when he attends and put into the club's coffers.

Please take notice of the signs that are in place, they are there to help us stay as safe as possible and enjoy the club as much as we can in the circumstances.

There's plenty of hand sanitiser and spray bottles to wipe surfaces but PLEASE use them sensibly. Stock of these items are in the kitchen cupboard, I know we're all adults but please don't take these for personal use they have been purchased for club use.

Please give everything a wipe down before you leave and don't forget to write the time you leave in the book.

I can't think of anything else...as usual if you have any questions please ask.

There are up to date pictures on the Member's Facebook page, I can't understand why this forum has to make posting pictures so difficult but it's just too much hassle putting them on here.

*NOTE* I am following the news regarding a possible countrywide month long lockdown and will update you all as things do or indeed don't happen.

Cheers

Nik

Reactions: justDave

·
Registered
744 Posts
Sorry everybody but I suppose it was inevitable. We'll reassess at the end of November.

Cheers
Nik

·
Registered
744 Posts
Hi Everyone, I'm sure by now you'll have seen the news that the Northants/Corby area is in Tier 2 which means that unfortunately the club will not be reopening this side of January. As soon as this changes rest assured the club will reopen ASAP.

I'd like to remind Everyone of the upcoming Club AGM which this year will be held on Zoom. There's been little to no response so far regarding this with only 4 Members so far confirmed to attend.
The date/time for this is Friday December 18th at 8pm.

If you'd like to attend contact Myself or Matt and you'll be sent the meeting login details.

Cheers
Nik

·
Registered
744 Posts
Good evening everyone I trust you are all safe and well?
By now you'll all know about the Government's "Road Map" to get us safely out of the seemingly endless lockdown situation and I would like to assure you all that as soon as is safely possible the Club will be up and running, whether it be in a "Rule of 6" situation or whatever is offered as an alternative until we can fully reopen hopefully in the week beginning Monday June 21st...assuming everyone behaves themselves and nothing prolongs the agony even further.
I'll be keeping a close eye on developments and will be giving updates as soon as I can give them.
Until then, as usual, if you have any questions please ask. Stay safe.
Cheers for now.
Nik

·
Registered
744 Posts
Coming Soon (ish)...Rockingham Slot Car Club Reopening (subject to Government "Rule of 6" guidelines) watch this space for more details in the next few days 👍

·
Registered
744 Posts
Hi everyone hope you're all safe and well?
So, here we go then...hopefully?
The intention is to proceed with reopening the Club under "Rule of 6" conditions in the week beginning May 17th.
You may remember that previous to this most recent lockdown period we set out a plan whereby Members for Friday night Scale Track racing were in 2 groups and would alternate every other week.
We should revert to this plan upon reopening until such time, hopefully week beginning June 21st, when we can just all meet together.
However it should be stressed that anyone choosing to attend on a Tuesday night on the Raceway SHOULD NOT attend on a Friday night until such time as the restrictions are lifted by our illustrious Government.
Assuming all goes according to plan the "Rule of 6" should only be in place for a month or so after reopening so please be patient and just go with the flow.

A reminder of the Friday Groups as they were originally set out...
Group A was Myself, Nick W, John, Matt, Adam and Sean.
Group B was **** K, Rob, Steve Foster, Graham and Dave Farrow. Room for 1 more in this Group should someone wish to attend?
If anyone from these groups feel they want to wait until June 21st then by all means do so but please make it known so that someone else can potentially fill that space.

I'll leave organising the Tuesday night Raceway meets, starting on May 18th, to Steve Taylor if that's agreeable?
Friday night Scale Track meets start on May 21st with Group A.

Now the hygiene bit.
The clubroom is ready to go, everything is in place so we can use the room as safely as possible.

I'd ask all who attend to please follow these simple rules...

Remember that a facemask is compulsory...no excuses please.

If you feel unwell please do not attend.

When you get to the top of the stairs you must sanitise your hands BEFORE you sign in in the book. The 1st page is for Members to put down a contact phone number, this saves the necessity of writing your number everytime you sign in. After that it's simply who's there, when and confirm that your weekly Subs have been paid.
Subs money to be put into the plastic container upon signing in. Please make an effort to have the correct amount to reduce the need to give change.
Mr. Thomson will collect when he attends and put into the club's coffers.

Please take notice of the signs that are in place, they are there to help us stay as safe as possible and enjoy the club as much as we can in the circumstances.
There's plenty of hand sanitiser and spray bottles to wipe surfaces but PLEASE use them sensibly. Stock of these items are in the kitchen cupboard, I know we're all adults but please don't take these for personal use they have been purchased for club use.

Please give everything a wipe down before you leave and don't forget to write the time you leave in the book.

I can't think of anything else...as usual if you have any questions please ask.

Hope to see y'all soon.

Cheers
Nik

Reactions: zero5

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Hi Nik,

Looking forward to getting back.

I am assuming that we won't start any serious racing until the end of June when we might be able to all get back together.

Rob has the club laptop at home so it won't be at the club for the first Friday.

If you think you will need it we can leave it at the club after the 2nd Friday.

To open up on that 2nd Friday I will need to get my keys back from Nick Wade. No one else in group B has keys.

Can we arrange this somehow?

See you all soon.

Cheers.

PS. Assuming lock down does end in June I plan to run our September Classic meeting as usual on the first weekend of September.

The 2021 Winter Classic and Double Trouble meetings are cancelled for this year. I will not try to fit them in later in the year.

If anyone is planning to re-schedule other events, GT3 maybe, please make sure it is not going to clash with any re-scheduled BSCRA events next door.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Hi ****, lots of positivity coming through from yourself and other Members
thumbsup.gif

I can't see us starting any "serious" racing for at least a couple of months, maybe after July? It might be a case of sound everyone out once we're back and go from there?

I'll speak to Mr. Wade regarding the keys, maybe a case of he can be at the club before you open and give you your set back but not come in?

I don't think we'll need the laptop before then? The lap timer software is on the main PC isn't it?

Comment noted about rescheduling events, no problem
thumbsup.gif
I know any digital events that the date has passed for won't be reshuffled.

Cheers

Nik.

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Hi Nik,

I think Nick Wade lives very close to the club so if he can open up for us on the 2nd Friday that would be great.

For me to come and collect the keys on the 1st Friday would mean a 90 mile round trip but that's what I will do if needed.

The race control computer can be set up for lap timing, race length (laps) and race/practice length (time). Matt knows how to set it up.

We only use the laptop to record race results and championship points.

Re BSCRA events.

Their current plan is;

1/24 International Sat 24th/Sun 25th July

1/32 Nationals 28th-30th August (Bank Holiday)

1/32 Clubmans Nats and National Club Team Race Sat18th/Sun 19th September

They also hope to run something on Spring Bank Holiday 29th-31st May.

There are currently no planned dates for BOC or Southern 32 Events.

Cheers.

·
David Collins
2,359 Posts
In terms of "serious racing" perhaps we should discuss what we are actually going to do when we get to the club. I don't know whether some of you may have already discussed this?

Presumably at the beginning we can't score points toward a championship as we need to take into account those members not part of Groups A and B.

Should we perhaps agree a class or two to run informal races? Run the same classes in the different groups? I'm not really bothered what we choose to run, but I think just turning up with a pit box full of cars and then just fooling about with them will not prove very satisfactory, at least after the first week. Suggestions, ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Hi David,

To begin with I think we will all need a couple of practice nights to get back up to speed and try out all the new cars we have built.

After that the two groups can sort their own races if that is what people want to do.

I don't think we should try to run any club championship races until we can all be at the club together.

Hi John,

1950s GP and Sports Cars this year.

I won't start a thread about this until we know what the government are going to say at the end of June.

Cheers.

·
Registered
744 Posts
All, we've finally made it to the week of the reopening, I hope we can move forward smoothly now, we just need to be patient for a few weeks longer then we can meet up proper like.

How each of our groups run their own evening is entirely up to them.

When we can all get together we should then discuss how we move forward regarding the club championship for the year?

I think our group (group A) will probably just "run what we brung" until June 25th?

Rob maybe you, as "scale track coordinator", could come up with some sort of revised schedule for the club championship using the class rotation we already have in place for this year with a possible start date of July 2nd?

We can have a discussion with everybody on June 25th?

A reminder of our groups...

Group A was Myself, Nick W, John, Matt, Adam and Sean.
Group B was **** K, Rob, Steve Foster, Graham, Dave Farrow and Dave Collins.
Steve Taylor has arranged the Raceway Tuesdays I believe so as far as I'm aware we are all set to go
thumbsup.gif

As usual any questions please ask.

Cheers.
Nik.

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Hi Nik,

I hope Tuesday went well and that you guys have a fun evening today.

Can you ensure that someone will meet me at the club next Friday at 7.30 approx to open up for us and return my keys otherwise our group will not be able to get in.

I note that young Simon is not included in your groups list so if anyone is not going to attend can they post on here so Rob can let him know if he can join one of the groups.

Cheers.

·
Dave Capelen
2,766 Posts
Hi guys

Not wishing to pre-empt anything, or tempt fate, but I would be interested in the September event if you feel that it can be held safely.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
744 Posts
Mr Kerr you have a PM
thumbsup.gif

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Nik, Thanks.

David Collins, Nick Wade will meet us at the club at 7.30 on Friday to return my set of keys.

Dave Capelen, we will run the September Classic and the Open Frame & Steering GP provided the Government give the go ahead for such events.

I will post an ad and entry thread after any government announcement at the end of June.

Cheers.

·
David Collins
2,359 Posts
We were discussing the calendar at the club on Friday. It appears that if we stick to the current timetable then Unlimited Sports would be first class to be raced. We felt that a lower-powered class, such as Group C, BPR or Classic Slot.It etc might be a gentler and more sensibe kick-off. Our general feeling was that a Team Endurance event would be best of all, but it's not on the current calendar and we know that some members don't like it. Your thoughts?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts