SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Hi Alan
If you search the BSCRA site you will find club listings for all the UK, however there is an active BSCRA club in Bath [see listing for address and contact name] and in Swindon, which is not a million miles away!
Good luck.
[oneofwos]

· Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Alan
I think you will find that the Swindon club also races the kind of cars you saw at Bath, however quite a few clubs now run Scalex type cars on BSCRA tracks on alternate evenings so please contact Swindon to find out [possibly even Bath may do this!]. There are Scalex clubs in the South West as far down as Barnstable and even further but i do not have any info on them but you might find these on the BSCRA site.
ECRA became BSCRA in the early 80's but started running non scale/vac bodied cars as far back as 1966/7, this coincided with the introduction of can motors and foam tyres which ran on smooth tracks.
There is quite a bit of interest in "retro" racing, the type of scale cars run in the early 60's and from time to time meetings are organised at various clubs , these could be of interest to you. I intend to organise a meeting some time early next year at my club [NLSME in North London], we held such meetings in the mid/late 80's and they proved quite popular with some inter club meetings being held.
When did you last race ECRA cars?
[oneofwos]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.