SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new to the hobby. Or, newly returning. The last time I had slot cars was int the Sixties!

Any clubs or groups promoting 1/32nd scale slot cars in the St. Louis, Missouri area? Particularly South and West county.

Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi

There is a large active 1/32 club in the St.Louis area with several tracks. They have been around since the 60s. The contact man is "Carl Shorle". They used to have a website, but for the life of me, it is not at hand and I am unsure of the name.

Fate

·
Registered
321 Posts
QUOTE (ProfFate @ 7 Oct 2004, 12:48)Hi

There is a large active 1/32 club in the St.Louis area with several tracks. They have been around since the 60s. The contact man is "Carl Shorle". They used to have a website, but for the life of me, it is not at hand and I am unsure of the name.

Fate
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Prof. Fate. I did a search and Carl Shorle turned up and does appear to be the contact. His email address was included in the information, but he doesn't respond. The group may have gone dormant or something.
I'll keep looking.

Mike

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If anyone from the St. Louis area ends up following this thread, I thought I would post what I have learned.

There is a slotcar group in the area. The Gateway Slot Racing Association (GSRA). Their web site is at: http://www.geocities.com/gsra.geo/

It looks like they race every Wednesday night at various locations around the metro area. I'm planning on observing my first race on Wednesday, Oct. 20.

So far this is the only group I've found in the area and it looks like all of the commercial tracks have shut down. How disappointing.

If I find out anything more I'll post it here.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts