SlotForum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
The new chassis options are pretty much ready to go. I received a few of them for testing and so far, so good. The Cobra body is sitting on top of the new variant with a snap-in axle.

image_zpsdhqpsngo.jpeg

On all, the axle holes have been shrunk down to serve as pilot holes for drilling to your own spec. So for the snap in, I drilled the holes out clean first, then opened up the narrow pie-like slice just a hair. And the axle snapped in beautifully and so far is holding firm with no slop. I'm not yet sure how well it will hold up over time. I'm running the chassis dry (no oil yet) and the car is still peppy and smooth, but I might try using graphite powder rubbed into the axle journals.

View attachment 3459

View attachment 3460

There's a number of different front ends to see what braid system works best. The one I'm testing now is showing great promise. It keeps the braids flatter, and on the rails.
image_zpsnxczsn5q.jpeg

View attachment 3462

A couple of the guide pin/blade experiments didn't work as I'd hoped. The blade shape did reduce the tendency to spin out, but sometimes bound up in the slot when the rear end was hung out too far. They'll be replaced in the released chassis.
View attachment 3463

And some will be happy to know there is now an screw plate that holds a snap-in AFX style blade or pin.

View attachment 3464

And there's the original prototype design which some liked for it's front end with clip-in pin. It too has been updated with the original engine-forward dimension, easier access to the engine screws, flat surfaces for mounting optional weights or magnets.

View attachment 3465

View attachment 3466

Planning to have the 3 variants ready for public release by the weekend.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts