SlotForum banner

Col du Darc (rally track)

5K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  FZSsemans® 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
It´s made out of Scalextric sport and now the cacoa is on the surface it´s big fun. Here some pics during the development.
Building a rally track in 10 steps

1) In the beginning we remove the old track!

2) First the new track track was flat like my own country (Holland)

3) But on the second day we go higher and higher

4) And on the third day they become real mountains (from old newspapers!)

5) Testing was like riding on the moon (I´ve got the T-shirt!)

6) And then we put some real serious scenery into it

7) And then the first old cars arrived

8) But there was even place for newer cars

9) And there was place for the newest cars

10) But for al cars Col du Darc is narrow, dusty, mean and very HIGH

See less See more
#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE (GRAH1 @ 10 Oct 2005, 12:59)Just out of intrest are you running magnets on the ccar shown in the clip and how do you keep the cocoa powder from clogging the pick ups . When we tried flour at wrexham it was awful .
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No no magnets, allthough this is not a rule!! But in general every Ninco 4-wheel will do okay with or without a magnet! New SCX cars without the wires are having much more trouble. FLY rally you will have to forget about. Old Scalex fourwheel drives are great as well. But personally I think you should get a pair of SCX TT's, man those are build to race on flour or cocoa!!!

And you say you tried flour, but did you try cocoa as well? Flour is giving much more trouble to your picks up than cocoa! A SCX TT and a Ninco rally/raid will drive through cocoa like a warm knife through butter!

CHeers,
Damduin

#10 ·
@all: Thanks!

@mampara: dimension track: 3,30cm x 1,22cm. Camera, Nikon D70

@damduin: this video was just testing onboard. But it´s ok. On a rally track it´s much harder to make a nice movie. (on Parkzoom it was easyer)!

@Grah1: magnets ONLY on camera cars! Not on racecars!!!!!! We drive with everything: Abarth, Delta, rally raid, Subaru, classics etc.
And we did some test "what´s the best cacao". One of the criteria was: pick up friendly! The test is in Dutch but we put some real time and energy into this problem!
http://www.racebaanweblog.nl/gastheerg/cacao/index.html

And the night fall at col du Darc:

#13 ·
@GastheerG:

Great scenery on the track and lots of length in not a lot of room.

The cocoa on the track looks great. I tried to parse out the cocoa comparision but I'm afraid my dutch is about as good as my japanese...

Could you summarize the results of your test comparison and tips on using cocoa?

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE (The Stickman @ 29 Apr 2006, 06:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Damduin, Why do you say forget about the Fly Rally cars? Is it because of the slick tires?

I would be interested in an answer to this question, you rarely hear about Fly 'rally' cars on this forum...I think they are all show & no go! What about Carrera rally cars?...I don't trust them to perform

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.