SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel the urge to fess up to a particular addiction. I can't resist buying body shells. I store them up in drawers all over the place, and very few of them ever get chassis built for them. Even Vac forms. I love looking at them in their crystal clear purity, and search eagerly for the oddest and weirdest. Few reach stage of getting painted, fewer get decals, and hardly any reach the track. What should I do? I am worried that my wife will find out.....

·
Registered
376 Posts
Tea

I think you are like most of use.... With me it's hard bodies.. I have been collecting model kit for years, and am now collecting RTR bodies when I can find them..
I must have 350 to 400 kits and bodies in the "to do line".

But is you have bodies in draws all over the house and she hasn't found them yet I think you are safe......

Chris

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have my share of bodies.

About 1000+ vac bodies NOS. Allot of molded plastic and fiberglass bodies as well.

I think I may have one of each vac body, ever made back in the 1960's and 70's of all types.

Along with allot of interiors.

I have always enjoyed collecting them. However, I have to keep most of them in boxes and in a storage building a few miles from me.

Enjoy them

Victor

·
Registered
168 Posts
I must admit a tendency to hoard body shells too, although compared to Chris' and Victor's collections, my meager stash is pretty pathetic. When first getting back into the hobby, I was struck by the range of bodies available, and snatched up many old plastic kits, fiberglass shells, and vac bodies that were not available as RTR cars and that I was sure I would eventually build. The sad truth however, is that I manage to scratchbuild only a couple of cars a year. Therefore, I am making a real effort to streamline my "to do" list (currently down to about 50 or so cars), and NOT acquire every body or kit I come across. I am weak though, and when something really unusual or desirable pops up (like Greenman's Allard), it of course joins the list, usually near the head of the line. Older projects move to the back burner. Despite my low productivity, I consider myself more of a builder than racer, and am encouraged by the growing range of bodies and kits being produced by individuals and cottage industry. I get WAY more excited about Mac Pinche's creations than any new Fly or Scaley offering, but each to his own.

mp

·
Premium Member
5,559 Posts
Okay. That enough. You people are scaring me.

300+ bodies!!

Also, all these references to hard bodies is making me giggle.

·
Alan Tadd
4,035 Posts
Well if any of you want to get rid of any 60's Sports or F! Bodies, (to help out your domestic situations you understand!), you can always throw them in my direction...

Regards

Alan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts