Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Fellow Slot Car Hobbyists

Greetings and well wishes.. I am new with Slot Car Racing and I own a Ninco N-Digital Master Track.. I am keen to "upgrade" my set into a partial 1 Track 2 Lanes and 2 Tracks 4 Lanes (some portion of the tracks will be 2 Lanes and some portions are 4 Lanes, see - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOtukps_dbg...eature=related). Can I use SCX's Lead In and Lead Out Tracks (SCX Digital System Right and Left Side Lead-In Track Set SCX20150) to combine both the digital tracks together? I will be using Ninco's N-Digital Console as the main console only. Is SCX Digital System Right and Left Side Lead-In Track Set SCX20150 compatible with Ninco's N-Digital or it is only meant for Analogue Tracks only. Please advice... appreciated and thanks in advance.. cheers :)

Mike

·
Greg Gaub
14,645 Posts
It is my understanding that Ninco and SCX Digital track are both physically and electrically incompatible. SCXD uses a third line for power, which Ninco does not provide. Also, a Ninco console will not be able to make SCXD lane changers function, since SCXD lane changers are activated by a special plunger in the car's guide, while Ninco has a flipper that is activated by electronics in the track which follows instructions from the driver/car.

Have you looked into using the Ninco digital pit lane entrance and exit to create those wider and narrower sections on your track?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Mr Flippant

Greetings.. thanks for your speedy advices and suggestions.. I will be using my Ninco's N-Digital console as the only main operating console in this setup. Forgotten to mention that I will be also using Ninco's N10110 Chicane Adapting Tracks (from what I understand is that this is use to "bridge" Ninco's tracks with SCX and other brand's tracks - however I am not sure if SCX's and SCXD's tracks are the same beside the electronic components). Another thing I am not sure here is that is this bridging track compatible and fully functional with other brand's Digital Change Lane Tracks.

I like your suggestion about using 2 Ninco's Pit Stop Kits to create the narrow and wide tracks, but at this moment, I have only one Pit Stop Set. It will be great if any hobbyist out there who has 2 Pit Stop Kits can assist by testing out this suggestion before I purchase another set :) (This is definitely better than getting adding the Ninco's Adapter Tracks and the possibilities of facing compatibility and digital functional issues with other brands' tracks). Appreciate it if anyone out there can just try this out. The other issue I would like to highlight is that in Ninco's setup, if the Change Lane track is not placed in the right direction (indicated with the Red & White entrance pointing angle), the change lane flipper will not function. Will using 2 Pit Stop Kits face the same problem as the Pit Stop Kit is programmed to enter on the right side of the lane so will the left side lane be able to change lane? And also if this setup works can I include more of such change lane setups in my circuit and also functional a Pit Stop Module in it. This is great :), thanks a lot for your suggestions and advices Mr Flippant, I am already all excited with these new possibilities and extensions :) cheers and have a great weekend ahead.

Just for the sake of clarification, in case some of you out there who might be thinking why I am reinventing the wheel when I can just use Ninco's Multiple Change Lane Kit and solve all my problems, I wanted to create a partial 1 Track 2 Lanes and 2 Tracks 4 Lanes system due to limited space in my house :) It will be impossible for me to layout a reasonably extended and exciting 2 Tracks 4 Lanes circuit within the confinement of my living room. Thus I cant just simply get Ninco's Multiple Lane Changing Kit. So I hope I can layout a partial 2 Lanes & 4 Lanes system to enjoy beyond whatever limitation I am facing now :). I am living in Singapore, sadly to say, there's no commercial rental slot car tracks here as this is not a very "HOT" hobby here. The only way is you buy the whole kit and set it up at home for your own fun and leisure :). Cheers

·
Greg Gaub
14,645 Posts
This is an SCX Digital track piece. Maybe that will help you understand.

Also, and again, the SCX Digital system does not use active flippers in it\'s lane change tracks. You would end up spending many hours of work and probably many dollars in parts in order to MAKE it into a functioning N-Digital lane change track. The systems are simply nothing like each other, and the tracks are not cross-compatible, even if you could find a way to adapt the physical pieces together.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dear Mr Flippant

Thanks for your explanation and picture :) I understand what you are talking about now.. will explore your suggestion using the Ninco's Pit Stop Lane instead :).. cheers and have a good weekend ahead :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts