SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming soon....

Circuit component Green Passive circuit component Motor vehicle Electronic component

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Design done, just awaiting the first prototype print from Shapeways...

The front wheels and tyres will be available from Pendle.
Cheers
Andi

Attachments

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Funny, only yesterday I was only wondering about when you would produce a chassis for the Tyrrell.

David

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been thinking about it for ages but the lock down means my son has been using our home computer so I've not had access to Autocad (I now use another programme at work)...
Finally found some time on Thursday.
Will do the Hesketh soon too!
Andi

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Another one of my unfinished builds. Using Scalextric SuperStox

d9kKLH.jpg

Reactions: Grumpy Gaz

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Should note that inspiration for this was/is a 6 wheel car that Maurizzio doesn't have.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
How does the front of the chassis attach? There appears to be a hole for the guide where the body screw is and vice versa. Do you need to make body posts? I would imagine having the guide that much further forward would improve handling quite a bit-I won't find out until Scalex start selling the cars separately...

TED....

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Ted, good spot! Yes a bit of a dilemma during the design but of course I wouldn't expect people to be making body posts.
In fact the front part has to be cut off to get my guide position in.
Inside the body there is a ridge between the flat area and the cockpit cone. I've designed a clip that will insert over that ridge. Tricky to explain but the prototype is arriving in a couple of days so I'll test it and show then.
Andi

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Reactions: conti_rowland

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
Hi Andi,

Looking at the pictures it looks to me as though you have just placed a '76 body on your existing '77 chassis.

I do hope that you are aware that the '76 car has a wheelbase about 3.5mm shorter, at 1/32 scale, compared to the '77 car.

Just a little worried by the pictures but looking forward to getting a couple of chassis for the conversion.

I have to do two because Rob wants one as well.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
****! Are you insulting me!!! Lol! ;)

What you see there is indeed a 77 chassis cut about (well spotted) to see how the front end works but the file sent to Shapeways is indeed shortened.... Hopefully it'll then bring the DFV into the correct alignment because at the moment it's too far from the back of the cockpit...

I'd have thought you and Rob would need a minimum of two.... Each!

Best wishes and hoping lockdown is not too stressful for you,
Andi

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
Hi Andi,

No insult intended.

As for Rob and I needing 2 of each I'm struggling just getting to the point where we both have 1 of each of the cars you have already done chassis for.

Plus we need a couple of 1.5 litre cars to cover all classes at a minimum.

I've also built a 1957 Maserati just to see how it will work.

Thus far we have 9 finished cars between us plus 3 more currently in progress.

There are 4 or 5 others I haven't even started on yet.

Better get on with them.

Cheers.

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Any update on the P34 and the Hesketh chassis Andi - I need to order a couple of others and want to combine them with your new ones.

David

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The second prototype for the P34 should have arrived today but Ups have failed it seems.
I should get that onto the market on Sunday. The Hesketh hasn't really got off the ground yet I'm afraid, although it should be a simple derivative of the Fly Brabham.
I'll also try to look at that over the weekend. I've been delayed by those 6 cars.... Sorry!
Andi

·
Bob Chapman
6,950 Posts
Hi Andi.
Anywhere I can see the pics of the chassis. The 2 in post 1 wont load for me.
Cheers
Bob

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
Bob,

The chassis shown in post 1 is not the new one for the Scalextric 1976 Tyrrell.

It is the one that Andi designed previously for the Pendle/George Turner 1977 Tyrrell kit.

You can see this in detail in the thread about that car.

There will be significant changes to the design to fit the Scalextric version.

Hopefully Andi will have the new one to show us soon.

Cheers.

PS. Andi, like David I will probably wait to order the Tyrrell until the Hesketh is available as well, postage is too expensive for a single chassis.

No pressure.
biggrin.png

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sadly this is a very complex conversion. Scaley have, naturally put their body screws exactly where the Policar pod screws go! So I'm on my third iteration of design. UPS didn't arrive yesterday so I'm waiting.

I'll get onto the Hesketh and started today. This should be easy but even then there are complexities. Flip the car over and you'll see that the body screws are asymmetrical! Bonkers...

Font Toy Lego Plastic Space

This is the second iteration of the P34.
Andi

Attachments

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well the P34 has gone through 3 iterations and is now on the website for sale. The how-to will come out soon.

The Hesketh has been designed and the first iteration will be with me soon for those that want (not unreasonably) to buy them together. Shapeways have put up their transport costs which hits me as well as you, 3 iterations of a prototype is close on £30 just in postage!

The Hesketh too is a major pain as Fly have also put their screws where the pod screws go, amongst a few other iritations!

Luckily I love these cars :)

Thank you to all my customers! Now where is that 312? At least that will come ready converted to Policar gearbox!!

Andi

1 - 20 of 22 Posts