SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello board!!!!!

Will be in London, just for a couple of days this summer and staying somewhere between LHR and Slough. Any good slot stores nearby this area where I may find an interesting memento of my brief stop there? Won't have time to do any racing, but browsing a store or two could be on the agenda! Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,

-- Rakete --

·
Registered
59 Posts
Avoid Hamleys. It´s the biggest or at least one of them) toy shop in the world. I thought I could find some nice cars there, a wide choice of stuff. They do sell Scalextric, but only the absolute standards you can get in every shop. Boring. I was so disapointed, I didn´t buy anything at all.

I visited a very small toy shop in Bourton on the water 3 days before. The whole store was a lot smaller than the customers toilets at Hamleys.
But they had a nice selection of Scalextric cars new releases and some older modells). I was thinking "You can spend your money only once - so you better wait until you come to Hamleys." Lessons learned? Get it, when you see it.

Enjoy your stay!

Markus

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Not a shop per se but Nick slot32.co.uk is in Watford if you will have a car.

http://www.keaygroup.co.uk/mdr/category.php?id_category=173 Cookham, Maidenhead, Berkshire. A Taxi ride from Slough. Check BingMap.

If you are relying on public transport Hamleys is worth a visit but as has been said not for slot cars. Science Museum if you are bored.

·
Digital "Tea Boy"
777 Posts
Hi Rakete,

You can always try Daniels Department Store here in Windsor. They have a quite large toy area. But they only sell the mainstream stuff, not only Scalextric, but LEGO, Mechano etc. No specialities or alike.

However, Wraith and I do like to go there because they usually have a big basket full of track etc at 25% to 50% discounted price. I have picked up quite a lot of track at really good prices. If you don't run Scalex, then you are SOL at this shop as they only sell Scalex......at least the Windsor Castle is here and I think Queenie is here as well today, so you might be able to catch her for a cuppa!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys - good ideas. I'm sure the Queen can't wait to see me. I can only hope she'll keep her hands to herself this time as its kind of embarrassing when the old girl gets frisky. BTW, I am all about Scaley digital now so thats my focus.

Regards,

-- Rakete --

1 - 5 of 5 Posts