SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Here is a Trackpower picture of my SSD loft track. Its quite long and we use the pit lane with PC lapcounter.

I cannot change it too much because of the beams but I would like to add a few rally stages within the track, using the SSD pit lane pieces to give another path. At the moment it takes about 9.5 seconds.

I can do a bigger picture if needed but its hard to fit it all on the screen

Comments welcome

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Chickster...love the look of that track...hav'nt gone the digital path yet myself. Do you get any heat probs as its in the loft?? What about a stand alone rally track as sometimes its difficult to blend the two. Going back a lot of years they tried it at Brands but it never really worked in my opinion. (Used to live in Tunbride wells and frequent Brands Hatch....was there on the track when Nigel Mansell won the British GP!!! Fantastic....was heartbroken when they moved the GP to Silverstone!!!!....anyway I waffle...Have a look on the forum at some of the members fantastic rally tracks...a lot of them are Routed on MDF and seem to occupy little room if required....maybe thats the way to go. I have a track that has not got the room to integrate a rally section so may make one of these myself

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Squire, I have had some heat problems in the loft. Last summer it was roasting and now in Winter it is getting a little damp which is not great when you have got a big investment of track up there. I am looking at some foam insulation they spray inside the loft to insulate it better as any other option is too expensive. Its by no means a perfect place for a track but if its that or nothing then I still consider myself lucky

The idea of integrating a few different rally stages in my main track is two-fold
1) because space is limited and so is the wear on my kness crawling around putting track together
2) When my mates come round time is always limited so to have the track ready is the main idea otherwise we just would not have time to change it around and woudl have to use the same layout all evening.

As for Brand Hatch, it is excellent and one of my earliest memories is going to the Friday practice for the GP, i still cant believe my Dad let me skip a day at school

·
Registered
107 Posts
hay chickster
that lay out looks great 'fast hairy here and there
and i love what you have done with your start grid
im a digital owner my self and i am only running four lane changes
how does your track go power wise whn lane changing

·
Registered
657 Posts
So far (fingers crossed) I have not had any power issues with the LCs, although Ive only had 4 cars running on it so far. Luckily as they are spaced out and the track is quite fast we dont use them that often so we dont get two cars changing lane at once so that helps.

Also, where you see the start lane piece situated in the pitlane, this is actually a Le Mans start piece for the pace car and challenger car to park (they didnt have the le mans bit in trackpower )

I also have PClapcounter wired in so we make full use of the pit lane for fuel stops and stop/go penalties if you deslot. This is preferable to the crash'n'burn rule when there is only 2 or 3 of you racing.

Im just hopnig the track survives the winter and the track doesnt need too much cleaning, I guess I wil lfind out soon. I could really do with a Scalextric track cleaning vehicle like they use at Daytona

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.