SlotForum banner

121 - 140 of 192 Posts

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Hello Gerrit

Are PMs now limited to 420 characters?

I needed to send a detailed reply to a member this morning but the new software prevented this, will there be modifications to this part of the forum.

Thanks
David

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Is that not a good thing, Tamar?

There seem to be some people who use the quote button instead of reply, putting whole lengthy posts back up, including images, rather than just editing to the relevant point that needs quoting.

From what I have seen, larger quotes have an "expand" option to reveal the whole quote rather than take up page space unnecessarily.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
Maybe, and if so it would be a case of "the good" suffering from "the bad"
In my case using the "quote" function was the only way to have a look at the BB code which does still provide some info on what "image" is no longer displayed.
Waiting patiently for this issue to be solved...but have been copying some of my older topics to my own website...just to bide my time.

Also if you wanted to quote part of a long post...and that part is at the end of the quote...you can't as the full post is no longer copied.
Last but not least....mis use of quotes...isn't that why we have moderators 😇

With kind regards
Tamar

·
Administrator
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
How To Quote

When you see a post that you want to quote, click the reply button on that post. It will automatically add the quoted content to the content area where you can add your reply/comments following the code.

How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor.

Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
I will be here during your transition to the new platform, to help with any questions, help with navigation or how to do things, and to listen to your feedback so please don't hesitate to holler at me. I want to help. You can also check out our FAQs.

I do want to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Cricket. When I was born, my father told his friends I was the ugliest baby he had ever seen, and that I sounded just like a cricket (I was born with the hiccups.) so yes, I have been Cricket for 59 years now. I live just outside of San Antonio, Texas. I spend most of my free time out in nature and exploring the back roads. During late autumn when it starts to finally cool down, I disappear from the world for a bit for camping trips and hiking.

Please don't be afraid to explore and test out things to see how they work on the site. :)

Although you can certainly use the "insert image" icon to upload an image to your post, you can also just drag and drop it to the text editor or even copy/paste it into there!

You can easily share videos just by adding the URL directly into the text editor!

Gif links from sites like giphy.com will display automatically just by adding the gif URL directly in the text editor. Try it!

I am a huge fan of the dark mode for the community. What is your favorite feature?

The new forum software is still a work in progress.

We will be seeing regular updates which are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we will be actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers. We do ask that you keep any questions, thoughts, or feedback about the new forum software here in the Community Feedback thread to help us keep all the information together so we don't miss anything.

There is still some work going on behind the scene so you may notice some changes as we work.
  • We will continue to clean up the order of the sections on the full forum listings page so you might see some stuff move around.
  • We are reviewing permissions and special permission sections so let us know if you notice any issues so we can look into them.
I have worked with our community support team for 6+ years. I have worked with forums for closer to two decades. I won't always know the answers to your questions, but I can find someone who does, as needed. ;)

- Cricket

·
Administrator
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
My Followed Forums

For sections of the community that have special importance to you, go to the forum section and click "Follow Forum".

You will see a list of options open for your preferences. Add a checkmark to your preferred options. Click Follow at the bottom.

Your Followed Forums will display at the top of the full Forum Listing page.

- Cricket

·
Registered
79 Posts
I guess my only pet peeve so far is that the title of the page is wrong (also going to ignore the incorrect pluralisation);

Surely the correct title is "SlotForum" or SlotForum International"?

(Also the pasting in of the image on this comment worked very nicely!)

·
Administrator
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
I guess my only pet peeve so far is that the title of the page is wrong (also going to ignore the incorrect pluralisation);

View attachment 275312

Surely the correct title is "SlotForum" or SlotForum International"?

(Also the pasting in of the image on this comment worked very nicely!)
I can look into that.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
Hello Cricket

Nice to meet you.
Are you taking over from Gerrit? or is he also still on active Admin duty?
Just checking as most of my gripes have already been posted here....the most important being the "loss" of all the older images that have "http://" instead of "https://" URL's
We're talking about hundreds if not thousand's of posts where the images are no longer shown.

With kind regards
Tamar

·
Slot King
2,604 Posts
Good morning Cricket
Beside the images with http, all the images linked from the former galleries have disappeared, my new gallery is empty and there is no link in the original post (which contained the pictures), as in this post missing pictures
To resume, there are 3 issues connected to images:
-Allow/restore linking to images with http URLs
-Restore images to their owners new gallery
-Rebuild links from the original posts to the newly restored images/galleries.

Gerrit did say that work on a fix was in progress, is that on all the image related defects? Do we have an ETA?
Thanks

Joel

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Hello Cricket,
It was an adjustment going from V1 to V2 a few years ago but this has blown my mind....
I used to get notifications of threads I followed, whether or not I participated in them. Now it shows that today I have 4. That is it. There are more, of course where I have participated but only the 4 I clicked on tonight without discussing. I went through the FAQs and poked around for the past couple of hours and I find I am still lost. I got through the pandemic scare, but I hope I can cope with this.... back to square one learning about this forum! Sigh....

BTW, did the following filter on the NEW postings:
Show only:
  • Unread discussions
  • Followed content
  • Discussions in which you've participated
  • Discussions you've started
  • Unanswered discussions
Net result? Nada.... nothing found. So it means it cannot find any followed content I have not read in the past month? Seems strange....

·
Autoavia
936 Posts
Firstly - Why has the Hobby Traders Forum disappeared. I have seen posts from at least two people who were members of the Hobby Trader Forum asking why they can no longer promote their products but neither appear to have received a reply.

Secondly - On the old platform Premium Members were able to list items for sale in the Slotforum Swap Shop and were also able to get a discount at Pendle Slot Racing but neither of these benefits are listed any longer on the premium membership page.

Is the Swap Shop now free to all members and what has happened to the Pendle Spot Racing discount?

·
Autoavia
936 Posts
Just tried to send a message to another member. The 420 character limit on messages is a joke. By the time I had condensed down my message it was barely intelligible.

·
Administrator
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 · (Edited)
Are you taking over from Gerrit? or is he also still on active Admin duty?

Gerrit was actually covering for me last week. I will be the dedicated support for this site.

the most important being the "loss" of all the older images that have "http://" instead of "https://" URL's
We're talking about hundreds if not thousand's of posts where the images are no longer shown.

When images are posted from a third-party site, which is not secure (HTTP) the images work, but they won't display on our site which is secure. (HTTPS) If the owner of those sites secures their site, the images will start working again. In the meantime the only thing you can do is edit those posts and actually upload the images rather than hotlinking.

Beside the images with http, all the images linked from the former galleries have disappeared, my new gallery is empty and there is no link in the original post (which contained the pictures), as in this post missing pictures
To resume, there are 3 issues connected to images:
-Allow/restore linking to images with http URLs
-Restore images to their owners new gallery
-Rebuild links from the original posts to the newly restored images/galleries.
There is a ticket for other image issues. I do not yet have an ETA but I will update y'all when I do.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 · (Edited)
BTW, did the following filter on the NEW postings:
Show only:
  • Unread discussions
  • Followed content
  • Discussions in which you've participated
  • Discussions you've started
  • Unanswered discussions
Net result? Nada.... nothing found. So it means it cannot find any followed content I have not read in the past month? Seems strange....
That's too many boxes checked for the filter so some are canceling out others. (If you uncheck ALL of them you will get everything.)

If you are just looking for threads you have participated in, check out the following.

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Firstly - Why has the Hobby Traders Forum disappeared. I have seen posts from at least two people who were members of the Hobby Trader Forum asking why they can no longer promote their products but neither appear to have received a reply.

Secondly - On the old platform Premium Members were able to list items for sale in the Slotforum Swap Shop and were also able to get a discount at Pendle Slot Racing but neither of these benefits are listed any longer on the premium membership page.

Is the Swap Shop now free to all members and what has happened to the Pendle Spot Racing discount?
Is this what you are looking for?

Classifieds are open to all members. I can set up a minimum post count to access them if needed though.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Cricket
Whilst you have highlighted the Hobby Traders Section the list of sub forums are for non current traders. The traders who were current up until their disappearance approximately 3 weeks ago are still missing.

·
Administrator
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
Cricket
Whilst you have highlighted the Hobby Traders Section the list of sub forums are for non current traders. The traders who were current up until their disappearance approximately 3 weeks ago are still missing.
I am looking into this more.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
121 - 140 of 192 Posts