SlotForum banner

141 - 160 of 195 Posts

·
Slot King
2,606 Posts
Cricket, at the moment we are using this thread to report a mix of issues/defects, missing functionality/business requirements, together with training request.
As things are, it is a bit difficult to follow what has been reported, whether or not there is a fix, what that fix is and when it will be deployed.

Could we have a "points raised list", with date raised by whom, issue type, proposed solution/owner and fix date/ETA?
For example someone further up the thread mentioned the lack of a calendar (important to keep track of race meetings and swapmeets) I also noticed that the blogs are missing, we need to keep track of all these things.
Thanks

Joel

·
Administrator
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
The Calendar feature has been requested.

All feedback and issues are reported to the developers but I never have ETA as they are prioritized after I pass on the information.

I will keep you updated as I know more.

We will see regular updates that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Cricket
No I am referring to the Hobby Traders Section. In the HTS Archive there are sub groups for Hobby Traders who have had no activity in their forums since 2017. A number of other Hobby Traders had forums with more recent activity but these are no longer present.
Refer to these threads

·
Administrator
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Cricket
No I am referring to the Hobby Traders Section. In the HTS Archive there are sub groups for Hobby Traders who have had no activity in their forums since 2017. A number of other Hobby Traders had forums with more recent activity but these are no longer present.
Refer to these threads

Let me figure out a solution for this. Can we get a list of folks/threads that should still be active? Are they displaying in the archive?

Would moving those to Premium be a resolution or were they previously public?

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
When images are posted from a third-party site, which is not secure (HTTP) the images work, but they won't display on our site which is secure. (HTTPS) If the owner of those sites secures their site, the images will start working again. In the meantime the only thing you can do is edit those posts and actually upload the images rather than hotlinking.

There is a ticket for other image issues. I do not yet have an ETA but I will update y'all when I do.
- Cricket
So what you are saying Cricket is that when I secure my site with an SSL certificate, which will change my URL to https:// ..that all images will be displayed in the old post again?
Even when the BB code in the post still will have them listed as
taking-stock_weights.jpg
?

An other item/issue is that with current restrictions we're not allowed to edit more than 10 post in a week.
This makes correcting attachments from Tumbnail to full size very difficult.

With kind regards
Tamar

·
Autoavia
936 Posts
The Hobby Traders who had active threads do not appear in the archive. The point of the Hobby Traders threads was to advertise cottage industry products to all forum members so making the Hobby Traders thread visible solely to premium members would be a retrograde step for the traders.

I had a look at the "advantages" of premium membership and it appeared to offer little other than getting rid of adverts which seems very poor value for money.
If Pendle are still offering a discount to forum members with premium membership that needs to be made clear on the premium membership page. The discount would be a significant incentive to buy premium membership for many of us.

The link in post 140 won't open for me and there is no mention of any discount in the Pendleslot News thread..

·
Administrator
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
I'm looking into this. Do you happen to have the usernames of the active traders?

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
I like new design, but I miss images. I hope there will be a solution for this.
Do we really need confirmation dialog when marking all forums read?

·
David H
3,724 Posts
I've just noticed that all of the address and contact details, website urls and other relevant information is missing from every club's entry in the Clubs forum.

This needs to be rectified sooner rather than later, as this was a very valuable resource and one of the few ways members and browsers of SlotForum could find places to race.

Please attend to this quickly.
Any progress with this, Cricket? There's still no information visible about any of the clubs listed in the Clubs forum, and no space for the Club rep to add the missing information himself.

·
Autoavia
936 Posts
Cricket
I am sorry but I don't know the names of every trader who was live in the Hobby Traders Forum but I do know that they included
Andi Rowland Drsigns, Slotcarman Resins and Amato Slot Car Design.

Hope that is some help

·
Administrator
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Any progress with this, Cricket? There's still no information visible about any of the clubs listed in the Clubs forum, and no space for the Club rep to add the missing information himself.
Was the information a description previously?

Each club may need to add a sticky.

I am looking into this.

- Cricket

·
David H
3,724 Posts
Was the information a description previously?
It varied. It wasn't a sticky, but a space at the top of each club's thread-index page, above the thread list, displaying the club's contact details, address, phone numbers, opening times, website url and so on.

I just tried waybackmachine to see if any relevant pages are archived there, but there aren't any. I presume that you have a back-up copy of the old SlotForum site and will be be able to see how the old layout worked.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Let me figure out a solution for this. Can we get a list of folks/threads that should still be active? Are they displaying in the archive?

Would moving those to Premium be a resolution or were they previously public?

- Cricket
In addition to those mentioned above other members that I recall with Hobby Traders listings were GregK, munter, MrFlippant and FibreSlots.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
That's too many boxes checked for the filter so some are canceling out others. (If you uncheck ALL of them you will get everything.)

If you are just looking for threads you have participated in, check out the following.

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

- Cricket
So how do you get all the ones you are following whether or not you participate in them?
Cheers!

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Don't you only see followed discussions since the switch over to the new software though? On my followed discussions tab there isn't any threads that I've participated in before the end of May.

·
Administrator
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Did you try the participated discussions tab?

I am not 100% sure I am understanding exactly what you are looking for.

What results are you wanting to see displayed?

- Cricket

·
Administrator
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
Is it possible to get a age limit set on the recommended reading section as a lot of mine are at least 8 years old and even if they look interesting most don't have any pictures so are basically useless anyway.
The developers are actively working on improving recommended reading, including timeliness. :)

- Cricket

141 - 160 of 195 Posts