SlotForum banner

161 - 180 of 195 Posts

·
David Collins
2,362 Posts
How To Quote

When you see a post that you want to quote, click the reply button on that post. It will automatically add the quoted content to the content area where you can add your reply/comments following the code.

How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor.

Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

- Cricket
It would be very helpful if these "how-to" posts from admin were compiled into a kind of indexed directory manual for the forum home page.

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,588 Posts
Another useful Bookmark - What's New which displays the list of recent posts without removing ones that you have just replied to.
The <New> button at top right goes to New Posts

Leo

·
Registered
356 Posts
The "recommended for you" default display is a rubbish place to land when going to slotforum.com. Is there a user account config setting somewhere that allows it to take you straight to the forum index?

·
Administrator
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
The "recommended for you" default display is a rubbish place to land when going to slotforum.com. Is there a user account config setting somewhere that allows it to take you straight to the forum index?
You could save the link for the full forum listing in your browser as a bookmark/favorite if you prefer not to use the homepage.

- Cricket

·
David H
3,724 Posts
p.s. one more thing, did anyone notice that SF is now listed as "since 1970", which seems more like the 00:00:00 UTC on 1 January 1970 instead of the start of SF in 2003?! Devil is in the details 😅
I guess my only pet peeve so far is that the title of the page is wrong (also going to ignore the incorrect pluralisation);

Surely the correct title is "SlotForum" or SlotForum International"?
I can look into that.

- Cricket
Have you looked yet?

For goodness sake, these are such simple changes, why are they taking so long to implement? Someone managed to use their keyboard and change "since 1970" to "since 2002", but failed to change Slot Cars Forum to SlotForum.

These may be trivial matters, but detail is important. If nobody can be bothered with the detail, it doesn't fill me with any confidence that anyone can be bothered at all.

Upgrade to Premium? Are you having a laugh? The basic version hasn't been fixed yet.

·
Administrator
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Have you looked yet?

For goodness sake, these are such simple changes, why are they taking so long to implement? Someone managed to use their keyboard and change "since 1970" to "since 2002", but failed to change Slot Cars Forum to SlotForum.

These may be trivial matters, but detail is important. If nobody can be bothered with the detail, it doesn't fill me with any confidence that anyone can be bothered at all.

Upgrade to Premium? Are you having a laugh? The basic version hasn't been fixed yet.

View attachment 275505
The title of the site is not always the same as the URL. This is the title they selected for the site.

- Cricket

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
The new title will probably help people find the forum as how many people who don't know about the forum will search for 'slotforum' or 'slot forum' as most would think about slot machines and gambling or I think 'slot car forum makes more sense and will match most searches done.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The title of the site is not always the same as the URL. This is the title they selected for the site.
But when why is "SlotForum" literally an image in the top banner? Looking at cached versions of the older site, the HTML title has always been "SlotForum International".

Seems like a mistake now being passed off as half arsed re-branding, like Dopamine has said, doesn't inspire much confidence in you can't even get the name of your own site correct!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I have tried going through the topic in Events which urges us to use it, but that just seems to go in circles. And I have tried using the three dot icon and bars in the top r/h corner of the screen.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Here is an annoyance that could be sorted easily, as well as the chance to 'edit' your post in the allowed time before you can no longer edit it, why not also give user the ability to 'delete' the post too? Given I can edit my post to be basically nothing I cannot see any problems with allowing user to delete a post for the same period of time that they can edit it for?

·
David H
3,724 Posts

- Cricket
I don't give a stuff what title "they" selected for the site. The site's title is SlotForum, or at a push SlotForum International. That's what it was called when it started, that's what it's been called until now, and that's what it should continue to be called. It isn't Slot Cars Forum.

161 - 180 of 195 Posts