Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See below for an extract from the November issue of the NSCC Journal:

The slot racer's book of excuses
My friends at the local club are also becoming extremely creative of late with their excuses for losing races. Any club racer is familiar with the usual ones of "bad marshalling, faulty hand controller or duff motor" to explain a lack of success on the track but this lot have drifted so far into fantasy land that we are actually running a competition for 'excuse of the season'!

The current favourites are:
• Somebody left the window open and the draught upset the aerodynamics of my car down the straight.
• My motor was overheating and the smoke got into the cockpit so the driver couldn't see where he was going.
• The copper tape was loose at turn 1 and it upset the balance of my car so much that I fell off at the next five corners as well.
• I put too much moisturiser on my hands so my finger kept slipping off the trigger. Just in case you are wondering - this one was offered by Michelle, our lady racer!
• No wonder I couldn't stop at the end of the straight - one of the front brake discs has broken.
• Left rear puncture.

Are there any better ones out there? I am sure I could find a prize car for the most creative excuse.

I thought this might appeal to members of Slotforum as well so I will offer a Ninco car of my choice for the best excuse.

Please note that NSCC members can't win two prizes - you can post here but your entry will go into the NSCC competition.

New one for November 5th - "my driver was blinded by that firework!"

Have fun.

Brian

·
Registered
316 Posts
All genuine, heard at a club....

"I "obviously" over prepared my tyres giving too much grip....

I never lost.... look hes cheating... he steers the car with his tongue.... (pointing at a racer who has a tendancy to stick his tongue out and lean with the car around the corners when racing)

I couldnt see turn 3 cos there was a fat bloke next to me. How am I supposed to see through that stomach?

Was it not clear that I let him win.... He dont alf moan if he dont win.... I only did it cos he always bloody moans... (the moaning went on for ages about the moaning)

One falla asked another to set up his car, and part of it was gluing the interior back in. A small trickle of glue ran down the screen, and spread on some oil. It gave a misty apperance to the screen, and the fella refused to race the car based on, "How the hell am I supposed to have a chance of winning if the driver cant see where hes going? Im not asking you to ruin one of my cars again!"

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Wait til 250GTO arrives... He's the absolute king of excuses.

He's written books about it, volumes I tell you...

Some of the best are...

"I would have got through if you hadn't of been there..."

"I was distracted when he came off"

+ shitloads more...

McLaren

·
Registered
474 Posts
The speed i overtook the back markers was enough to cause the air from their car to cause mine to come off at turn 1...... and turn 2...... and the others.

Doug

·
Registered
12 Posts
My driver is allergic to pine trees and those in the scenery in the hairpin caused him to sneeze and miss a shift.
My underwear is on backwards.
I thought we were at Indy and I was channeling Mario's spirit!
I was too horny to concentrate!
My muffler bearings were out of alignment.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Some I've heard...

I was watching the wrong car. Why'd he have to paint his car like mine?

I can't race against him. He's got some plutonium powered carbon fiber car and all I have is this box stock car. (His 'box stock car' had a custom armature and neo magnets while the car he was complaining about was a blueprinted box stock car
)

I grabbed the wrong controller.

This race was for points?

My lane is low on power.

The dog slobbered on my car.

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
QUOTE (PAULH @ 12 Nov 2004, 15:13)there was a wasp/bee/fly bothering me and i couldn't concentrate

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There has been a dead bee on the track at phoenix. It got caught up in someones crowngear. Very messy..........

Bets excuse comes from a lad who goes by the name of "Jack Ass"

"My car doesn't work on low power"

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
"i was so tired my eyes shut themselves"
that electrical tape on the back wing is providing extra downforce.
the red lane is just so much faster than every other lane, that is the lynx effect, (joke aimed at me after sampling lynx as a a tyre additive
)
those xeon lights put me off, they are different to normal lights,
7ohm's is far to high
there has been 5 cars crashed in my lane in 6 races.
"that car was really good, until i tuned it. now it is useless"
"it was a lot better in free practice, well it seemed better"

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
mark and luke brand wood at any porsche challenge race
"My controllers too responsive for the car"
or
"my cars not responsive enough for the controller"

"the hell my thumbs too close to the button"

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Damn vibrator on the cell phone distracted me (but it was almost worth it!)

Re a stuttery car: Some bugger has put diesel in it again!

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
My four stock ones...

"I was driving slow so the kids wouldn't feel bad."

"I'm not really in the mood tonight and am just driving for fun."

"I have the wrong chip set in my controller for these cars"

"Wasn't me!"

The second one drives 'joergs' crazy!

'joergs' favorite -

"Well I am not competitive anyway."

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
I'd liek to add my own from the Wreham Challenge. **** or Mitch or Mack or whatever his name was(3 second memeory, sorry!) just took my rear wing off, so I promptly blamed my next accident on lack of downforce.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The seat didn't have the special nut holder attachment so I had to drive like a girl.

(One of my theories is that some of the racing community such as the sprintcar racers must need special seats to accomodate their anatomy 'cause they must have oversized testicles going near some monster that would make me cry if I was made to just sit in & start!)

If anyone's offended please let me know & I'll kill the answer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My mother taught me to let other people win, once in while!
I got a headache!
I prefer going counter clockwise.
My controller cable is too long!
I had to go potty!

Eno,

That may explain why Steve Kinser walks bow legged!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts