SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend I had problems, but I can't define exactly the situation, because we were 4 running, and almost all without much experience, and I'm not sure at the time the problems arose.

In principle, I think the problems were always that the PCLAP acted, without the PCLAP and dongle disconnected, I had no jerks in the cars, no problems, but I can't say for sure.

I have made a list of the settings of everything we use, and if you can tell me, where problems may arise.

These are the devices I have.
  • Dongle 2.14
  • Boatloader 2.12.
  • PCLAP 5.45c.
  • 3 X SCP03 : Firm 3.12 and Registered APP SLOT.IT.
  • 1 X SCP02 : Firm 2.32.
  • 3 x CHIP C : CARIC C / 3.10. and Registered APP SLOT.IT.
  • 2 X CHIP B1 : 2.14.
  • 2 X CHIP B (OLD) : 2.13
  • 1 X CHIP B1 : 2.16
I think the first thing you're going to tell me is that I have to update the dongle, but with the latest version, I had problems.

I would like to know the compatibility of the different versions. If any of you have this mix of etccc drivers/chips to see how you have it set up.
Thank You.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello

I had a couple of problems, one of them with occasional signal "_" on SCP3, with different types of cars (B and C), and that also some cars worked but with jerks.....on---offf-on-offf.

But the general approach I want to take with the consultation is whether I with this configuration of the different components, the whole should work properly.

And as I said, when problems arose, most of the time it was with the PCLAP "on", and I was trying to set up a race.

I'm asking to know if I should update something special, to avoid any mistakes.

Thank you.

·
ParrotGod
8,226 Posts
Tony it is most impossible to tell you if your combinations to firmware is going to create any issues.

There are too many possible combinations here.

So, the best advice is to upgrade everything to the latest firmware and then start the debug process.

With this I mean that you test each car with each controller and see if you have any issue.

Then you test with two conttrollers and two cars (you might need some of your friends to test with you).

Then three controllers and three cars, etc.

The other thing is if you want to have feedback and support from us, you need to provide more info. Which of your cars/chips is stuttering? Are you able to get this behaviour consistently? Can you take a video?

When we start racing here in Auckland with oXigen using RCSO2, we had some issues with one car stuttering, making track calls and having crazy fuel consumption and my car missing laps.

It was easy to identify that something was off because when the driver with that specific car and controller was not there, we did not have any issue at all.

Then following week, the same guy with that hardware shows up and again my car start missing laps and his car all the issue described above.

I asked him to change his oxigen cart with one of mine and all the issues solved. The problem was his oxigen cartridge was defective (we have not contacted Slot.it about this yet). ANd it is not something to do with the aerial/firmware version.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok Grunz;
I fully understand what you're saying.
I'm going to try to find colleagues so I can do all those tests.
The main question was whether at first glance, you could detect that one of the versions was not compatible with the other. The moment you're running, and you want to keep making the race, it's hard to detect what's wrong, so my information for you isn't too concrete. I'm sorry.
When you say you advise you to install the latest versions, it refers to:

• Dongle 2.14 go to 3.10 / 3.11 ? I'm not sure I made that change, I had problems with version 3.11.
  • Boatloader 2.12. this is ok? or 2.13 ?
  • PCLAP 5.45c. this is ok?
  • 3 X SCP03 : Firm 3.12 and Registered APP SLOT.IT.
  • 1 X SCP02 : Firm 2.32. move to 3.04?
  • 3 x CHIP C : CARIC C / 3.10.and Registered APP SLOT.IT.
  • 2 X CHIP B1 : 2.14.this is ok?
  • 2 X CHIP B (OLD) : 2.13 this is ok?
  • 1 X CHIP B1 : 2.16 this is ok?

If you can give me your opinion, and over the weekend I will try to look for bugs, or if I am lucky, enjoy without failures.

Thank you.
thumbsup.gif

·
ParrotGod
8,226 Posts
I am not sure here, but if I have a car that stop in the middle of a straight during a race I would be able to tell that something is wrong.

Take note of the controller (type, firmware, etc) and car (chip, firmware) and then keep racing.

I cannot tell you that any of those combo are incompatible. They should work.

I also do not know all the version of firmware out there. So, download the latest release and install the version with the greater num version.

I do not have have PCLAP and I have never used.

You want to install Chrono to make sure that everything works on it and any issue you might have is not related to an incompatibility with PCLAP.

·
ParrotGod
8,226 Posts
Oh, I personally have in my setup latest firmware in all the devices.

We are using only SCP2s and B1 and B2 chips.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not sure here, but if I have a car that stop in the middle of a straight during a race I would be able to tell that something is wrong.

Take note of the controller (type, firmware, etc) and car (chip, firmware) and then keep racing.

I cannot tell you that any of those combo are incompatible. They should work.

I also do not know all the version of firmware out there. So, download the latest release and install the version with the greater num version.

I do not have have PCLAP and I have never used.

You want to install Chrono to make sure that everything works on it and any issue you might have is not related to an incompatibility with PCLAP.
okkkkk Grunz! Thnks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
the same your problem has to do with the last update of pclaps that says the following:

18/07/2020: version 5.45:

Ninco digital: when you press the start button on the powerbase Pc Lap counter now generate the command start or restart depending on the segment number.
Update of the Phidget library: Pc Lap Counter go back to the previous Phidget library version 2.1.8 of the 05/11/2013 (because with library version 2.1.9 some Phidget interface was not detected).
For people who use Pc Lap Counter version 5.43 or 5.44 with Phidget interface and have installed the library 2.1.9: before the installation of Pc Lap Counter 5.45 you need to uninstall version 2.1.9 and download and install the Phidget library version 2.1.8, otherwise PCLC will have strange reaction !!!
01/11/2020: 5.45c: Pc Lap Counter is now also compatible with AMB 9200 decoder.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Taking advantage of this thread, I want to say that in my club we are having problems with pclaps. When we race with Crono, everything is perfect and it connects quickly, but when we race with pclaps, it costs a lot to connect properly, the cars have a bad connection and pclaps does not count laps and does not use gasoline. Our pclap update is 5.45c with phidget version 2.1.8 as recommended by pclaps. We have a hard time connecting it, we have tried everything. Thank you very much for your responses in advance.

·
ParrotGod
8,226 Posts
With phidget do you mean dongle?

Have you tried to install RCSO2 as a reference?

Re fuel: I think we have ascertained that there is an issue with the SCP3 controllers and fuel sim.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Phidget is software to install with pclaps, recommended by pclaps. The gasoline problem with SCP3, the solution was to remove PAM since it did not recognize it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am a little confused.....

I'm still not understanding the relevance of the phidget, you don't use a phidget interface but installed the software for it..... why?
install phidget because pclaps recommends it and I don't know much about computer science. Should I desistalar ???

·
ParrotGod
8,226 Posts
I do not think that the phidget is relevant when it comes to oxigen. I would disinstall it.

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
This is where Guy lists what has been updated in the latest version. It is not an instruction to install something you don't use or need

I would uninstall it.

If there is a potential issue with v 5.45 then v 5.44 is also available on the PcLc website maybe worth try rolling back

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts