SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes! You could already be the winner of one of Mrs. H's FABULOUS 3-armed sweaters!
Just like previous winners, Mr TSRF of the colonies;
'I'm so snug and happy in my 3-armed sweater it's changed my life. I'm DEFINITELY going to vote KERRY!'
And Mr RS of somewhere else;
'When I get home from a REALLY hot day at the office, I can't wait to slip into my 3-armed sweater and relax at the oasis, strumming on my oud and watching my tampo-printed handmaidens dance beneath the stars!'

You too could enjoy the holiday of a lifetime inside one of Mrs H's handknitted specials (incorporating your own sponsorship logo!). All you have to do is answer this simple quiz question!

Mr. H has been a-whittlin' and a-slicin' and unavoidably a-bleedin' since nice Mr Dick Smith sent him some dandy 3-view drawings;

Only the name of the car got snipped off by mistake!

Tell Mr H. what he's making in time for him to order the decals from Mr Patto and YOU COULD BE THIS WEEK'S LUCKY WINNER!

More clues tomorrow.... if you need 'em!

·
Alan Tadd
4,035 Posts
No John...I think you've got hold of the wrong end of the stick (or block?) here....I'm sure Howmet and the delightful Mrs. H have found a new racing interest.

Could it be this :-

This website will reveal all....Howmet's New Passion

I understand the Howmet's are particularly interested in the latest developments in this Sport , which involve the Wallace and Grommet approach of fitting magnets to the leading edge . This is currently under investigation by the official racing organisation and a ruling is expected shortly. Meanwhile the offical owner of the rights to the Sport , ( Mr.Bernie Eggandcheeseflan), is negotiating with the Sports UK Governing body to prevent the Hi-jacking of the forthcoming British Cheesearama, by the Dutch Edam group.

Interesting times!.

Regards

Alan

·
Peter Farrell
2,114 Posts
Have you sewn or knitted up the TV rights yet? If not get in there quick before Mr EggY whotsit dos.
Alfetta

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're not taking this entirely seriously now are you guys?

But you've given me the best laugh of the weekend, BJ. Stil-ton go on this channel...
Oh I camembert it any longer. Please brie kind. I guess it's rind over matter. Emmen-thal tell you something else but I forgot. Tread caerphilly for you tread on my dreams.
Cheese!
I mean Cheers!

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
No more of these excrutiating puns please. To be boring and sensible, it has to be your namesake that you're building Howmet.

David

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CONGRATULATIONS MR Lawson OF Southend !

You are the lucky winner of Mrs H's latest knitwear masterpiece!

Won't your neighbours be amazed when you arrive home wearing your NEW
3-armed sweater- in the team colours of your choice!

Sorry. This is getting boring, isn't it? You're absolutely right, David. I had hoped that I might be able to string this competition out a little longer, but ah well! No-one ever got rich by underestimating the intelligemnce of the Slot Forum membership.
Here's phase II, if it has any further relevance;

Smothered in a slurry of body putty and primer. The nose profile has been altered following further examination of Jabby Crombac's 'Turbine Racing Cars'

There you have it- Howmet's Howmet- (finger clicks, louche orchestration- 'So good they named it twice')

And the roof intake added. And a first coat of white primer, ready for casting.
Thanks Dick Smith for sending a set of Model Cars plans right out of the blue. Lovely!

I have mostly been listening to Steely Dan during the construction of this car.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Mmmm... smooooth - I have to say it doesn't look much like a clog though howmet.

Edit (not really!): Gah, just re-read your post howmet, it's a Howmet! And I was so sure I'd won the three-armed jumper - next time perhaps. Meanwhile congratulations to David - you must be grinning like the Cheshire Cat (English cheese doesn't seem as good as the continental stuff when it comes to excrutiating puns does it!).

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Little did I know that when I was cutting the grass this morning I had become the proud winner of some unique knitwear courtesy of Mr and Mrs H, imagine the excitement when I returned from the garden to read the new posts, I will be sitting by the front door awaiting a parcel anyday now.

I don't know about the intelligence of the SlotForum members but the amount of skillfull and creative people producing gems like this master by Howmet, JohnP's Coopers and his wonderful Lotus 15 and all the other scratchbuilding going on is just fabulous.

David

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just to prove it's not just non-stop tantric sex round here at Howmet Towers, I've made a bit of progress on Howmet's Howmet. First pull of the resin cast-

Mounted up on some dummy wheels just for effect- fits an MRRC Chaparral chassis perfectly, but then the old TX always did look like a badly-drawn 2D.
Cut the shut lines in with a little wood-working V-gouge, and started dremelling out stuff left right and centre- headlights, NACA-inlets, etc etc. I'll leave the windows 'blind' until the next casting stage.

It's going to be fun making the turbine exhausts. Russell's pictures have been most useful. I've got a white-metal casting set up ready, and some old Airfix Cortina rear lights to go in that big hole!

Don't know why I took so many pictures of the same damn car. See if you can see any differences. Oh yes- I cut out the little nose light housings in this one. Whoops- that could have been another prize competition. But heck- you can have the pasties anyway. Mrs H baked far too many this week. Well, she does have to keep her strength up for these marathons....

·
Registered
168 Posts
Dang, Howmet. That looks VERY promising. Given your nom de plume I was wondering when you would get around to siring a little TX. This has long been one of my favorites too (like many of us I seem to be drawn to obscure losers), and I've been toying with the idea of performing a Frankensteinian operation involving fiberglas and vac versions of the car. It never occurred to me to actually CARVE one. Let us know how you get on with the decals and gold striping.

Funny, but only a couple of years ago there were an incredible number of vintage beauties on my list to build that were likely never to be commercially produced. Now, with the appearance of all the resin producers as well as increased offerings from the larger manufacturers, it seems nearly every significant car on my list (even a TX) eventually will be produced. Great for the hobby of course, but I have to admit it reduces my motivation and incentive to sharpen up the knives and gouges. My utmost admiration for an artist and craftsman who, rather than waiting a few months to simply purchase a shiny piece of manufactured perfection, instead simply does it himself. Cheers!

mp

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's just that my short arms can reach the gouges on my bench rather more easily than the wallet in my deep pockets, Speedy.
Plus it's more fun.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts