SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That connection on the back of the lap counter, what is it for? I think a bluetooth adapter can be connected to it. Right? I can´t find it in the manual.
Rectangle Automotive lighting Gadget Font Gas

·
Greg Gaub
15,707 Posts
Great question. You could always try it. It might be a pass-through for other accessories, but it might not do anything.

·
Greg Gaub
15,707 Posts
It makes more sense for it to be a passthrough for the PC Link cable, though it's odd that it's on the bottom rather than the side as in the above photo.
Without a PC link cable, I guess we'll have to wait for a D132 pro to chime in.

Bruce? Carlos? Ed? Bueller? :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Slotblog.de on Youtube does a detailed review of the lapcounter, but not detailed enough to tell what that connection is for.

·
Bruce Yingling
1,620 Posts
We'd love for the lap counter to be a pass-through device, and then this port could be used for an AppConnect dongle or a PC link cable. Unfortunately, that is not the case. It's use to the end user is exactly equivalent to the same port on the original Black Box: none. Supposedly, Carrera could use it to update the firmware on the Lap Counter. I do not know that this has ever happened.

On the older version of lap counter pictured above, it really was a PC unit port (no dongle available when that lap counter was made). That is where you had to connect a PC link cable to a Black Box (not CU) system.

·
Greg Gaub
15,707 Posts
And the BB could not take a PC link directly? You had to get the Lap Counter that had that port on it, in order to use the PC Link with a BB?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I´m sorry, but what is a BB? In fact it´s ashame that I can´t find an answer somewhere.

·
Greg Gaub
15,707 Posts
As Mark said, BB is shorthand for Black Box, the original shape of the "control unit" for Carrera Digital, starting with the Pro-X box, I believe. It had considerably fewer functions than the CU, and was quickly replaced by the CU for those active in the hobby.

·
Bruce Yingling
1,620 Posts
I´m sorry, but what is a BB? In fact it´s ashame that I can´t find an answer somewhere.
In my original post, I did not use the abbreviation 'BB', because I knew it would be unfamiliar to many. The Black Box was what Carrera called their digital powerbase for it's first 3 generations. And while it isn't a very happy one, you did get an answer to your question about the port on the back of the 30355 lap counter: it has no use to the end user. This has been true for 10 years now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts