SlotForum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm looking for pictures of control towers and other pit/race buildings...

I found someone who makes maquettes (don't know if that's the correct word in English) of buildings... she learned that at school and does it now for several architects...

And now she wants to help my out with my scenery!!!
But i need pictures of several pictures of 1:1 towers...
Those are not easy to find though!!!

So if you have those kind of piccies!!! Post them!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

G.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I think Carrera had some plans of buildings on their site that could be printed out and made up, but I don't have the link, try searching through SlotForum using the search tool.

What sort of era were you looking for?

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks gecko, i'll search for the link...

But what i really need is photo's of towers like the one on Silverstone, or Spa-Franconshamps, Suzuka...

G.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Hi tDi,

Here's the link. The buildings are available in .pdf format so you need Acrobat reader to download them into. The site is German, but if your understanding of German is better than mine
then you will manage. Belguim is closer to Germany than England

http://www.carrera4fun.de/

This is the internet, hopefully you should be able to find pictures, or even architectural plans of the buildings for your friend.

What a great offer from your friend. You might end up with the most accurate scenery on SlotForum!

Please try and post photos as and when she has finished.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ Diflock:

Thanks for the link...

I'm aware that this is the internet... and I'm quite familiar with the thing...
And I did search the web for piccies, but I haven't found much...

I'll certainly take pictures when she starts the project and post them afterwards...
I'm very curious fot the result. I saw some of het previous projects and I must admit they're neatly done...

G.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
QUOTE (tDI_Fahrer @ 12 Mar 2004, 01:07 PM)I'm aware that this is the internet... and I'm quite familiar with the thing...
I am sorry if I sounded sarcastic. I was not meaning to be.

Best of luck with the buildings

Mark.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
You also have to decide what epoch you want. If you go for something modern with overhead cable and compressor lines, it looks out of place with any classic car race. Likewise a 1960's Le Mans looks strange when you bring out the 00's F1 cars.

I settled for a fantasy design loosely based on Le Mans 1976 which gives me garages to park the cars and a pit wall to use for team managers.

Stick Le Mans 1976 into Google and see what comes up (use the Google image tab). Change the year and you'll see the changes that are built on every decade or so.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
You could drop tadman a line . He has some addresses for some great sites,especialy Le Mans. I used a lot of these pics to help me design the SRA range of buildings. I`m not sure if we still have the links up for some of those sites www.slotracingaccessories.co.uk

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
QUOTE (Difflock @ 12 Mar 2004, 01:22 PM)QUOTE (tDI_Fahrer @ 12 Mar 2004, 01:07 PM) I'm aware that this is the internet... and I'm quite familiar with the thing...
I am sorry if I sounded sarcastic. I was not meaning to be.

Best of luck with the buildings

Mark.
I'm sorry too man...

Except for the good news from the buildings, it's not been my best day yet...
Bad day at work... I'm a little edgy at the moment...

G.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (Nuro @ 12 Mar 2004, 01:39 PM)You also have to decide what epoch you want. If you go for something modern with overhead cable and compressor lines, it looks out of place with any classic car race. Likewise a 1960's Le Mans looks strange when you bring out the 00's F1 cars.

I settled for a fantasy design loosely based on Le Mans 1976 which gives me garages to park the cars and a pit wall to use for team managers.

Stick Le Mans 1976 into Google and see what comes up (use the Google image tab). Change the year and you'll see the changes that are built on every decade or so.
Well, I think i'm gona go for a quite recent style...

I just love the 90's and the 00's touring cars... (i'm only 25, maybe that has something to do with it)
BMW M3 GTR's, ETCC Beemers, DTM-series, recent Le Mans Cars like the Viper and stuff... those are my favorites...

Maybe my "old-le-mans racers" won't fit exactly in the picture... but we call those races we drive now "Retro Le Mans" at the moment... so we can do that in too in the future...

The layout for my permanent track I have in mind, is not based on any existing circuit... so the buildings don't have to be exact replica's either...
But the more they look like existing buildings... the better...

I'll try to post the layout we're driving for about two weeks now...
And that one I like very much... it's the best layout we ever had...

I'll keep you guys posted!!!

G.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Posting track piccies:

This is the track we're racing the last three weeks:

Here you see the other end (and my two race-buddies):

I'll try to put quite the same layout in al smaller place... in 5m by 2.20m.
Now it's over six meters... It will take less place in the "permanent race room"...

The "ingredients" are bought for the buildings...
Can't hardly wait the moment she'll start working on them...

Good weekend to y'all!!!!

G.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts