SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi

I have the Control Unit and the 30355 Lap Counter ( and set digital 301552). When i made a race with 1 autonumus car and the other car controlled by me the lap counter only same times count the lap time and the total laps of the autonumus car. The lap time is like 45 seconds ( 9 metres the track layout). If i run slowly with the car controlled by me the autonumus position car after few laps is second place and the correct position must be first position. Only same times the lap counter show the lap time of autonumus car with a bigger time. The autonumus car is set as number 2 because is Encoding/programming with the controlled 2.
Is it possible the i have a problem with the control unit or the lap counter. I don´t test with the tower position yet because i don´t have them.
Sorry for my bad English
Thanks

Álvaro Neves

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Yes i know that but in the lap counter i think that the autonumus car is associated to the controller define with address 1. Well, in the lap counter in the first lap appear the address 4 (car controlled by me) and after same laps appear the addresses 1 in the lap count witch is the other controller. I only run with 2 cars and one controller. Strange isn´t it?

QUOTE (b.yingling @ 18 Dec 2011, 03:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ghost (autonomous) cars are always ID #7. It doesn't matter what controller you use to make them ghost cars. They are all ID #7. If you have 4 of them on the track, you have four cars with ID #7. Similarly, a car coded as the pace car will always be ID #8.

·
Bruce Yingling
1,610 Posts
That isn't the autonomous car. Autonomous cars are ID7, always. The lap counter, the control unit, any software running will see them as ID7. That's the frequency their LED uses.

I have seen car chips cause 'phantom' laps to be registered by the CU. I've also seen some (phantom laps) that I was never able to explain- but they are very, very rare. Only a couple of times in three years+.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, i don´t know if the autonumus time lap is showed in this lap counter but i suppose yes. Even with control 1 off it appear the number 1 and only address 4 is used. i´m waiting for the tower position and with this accessory i know that the position of the autonumus car is showed. When i receive the tower i will test if the autonumus car is identify with 7. Well, i´m a beginner in slot cars what is a cheat.
Thanks anyway.
Regards
Aneves

QUOTE (b.yingling @ 18 Dec 2011, 19:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That isn't the autonomous car. Autonomous cars are ID7, always. The lap counter, the control unit, any software running will see them as ID7. That's the frequency their LED uses.

I have seen car chips cause 'phantom' laps to be registered by the CU. I've also seen some (phantom laps) that I was never able to explain- but they are very, very rare. Only a couple of times in three years+.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, i don´t know if the autonumus time lap is predefined to be visible is the Lap Counter position of the autonumus car is showed. When i receive the tower i will test if the autonumus car is identify with 7. Well, i´m a beginner in slot cars what is a cheat.
Thanks anyway.
Regards
Aneves
[/quote]

·
Bruce Yingling
1,610 Posts
QUOTE (EngyPT @ 18 Dec 2011, 16:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well, i don´t know if the autonumus time lap is predefined to be visible is the Lap Counter position of the autonumus car is showed. When i receive the tower i will test if the autonumus car is identify with 7. Well, i´m a beginner in slot cars what is a cheat.

You don't need to test it. An autonomous car is ID7. Always.

The new lap counter- just like the position power- can display ghost (autonomous) and pace car laps if told to. Read the manual for your CU. That's where it is explained.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi

Well, i read last night the CU manual and i see that in case of Position tower we must activate the visibility of autonunus car. I haven´t test if i have do the same to lap counter (i have dismount the track). Wherever i can see the address 1 in lap count and the controller is deactivates (only use to encoding autonumus car)
When i test to activate a autonomous position function in CU i tell you if it work.
Thanks again
Álvaro Neves

QUOTE (b.yingling @ 19 Dec 2011, 00:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You don't need to test it. An autonomous car is ID7. Always.

The new lap counter- just like the position power- can display ghost (autonomous) and pace car laps if told to. Read the manual for your CU. That's where it is explained.

·
Bruce Yingling
1,610 Posts
QUOTE (EngyPT @ 19 Dec 2011, 04:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I haven´t test if i have do the same to lap counter (i have dismount the track).
You do.

QUOTE (EngyPT @ 19 Dec 2011, 04:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>When i test to activate a autonomous position function in CU i tell you if it work.
It does.

But you have a problem somewhere. Your phantom laps on controller ID1 are being caused by something.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, sometimes i have a problem with the change lane right. The car change lane without push the change lane button. It only happen is lane change right. It is possible that this track have a malfunction and cause the phantom laps? ...and the mystery continue in the next lap

QUOTE (b.yingling @ 19 Dec 2011, 18:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You do.

It does.

But you have a problem somewhere. Your phantom laps on controller ID1 are being caused by something.

·
Bruce Yingling
1,610 Posts
QUOTE (EngyPT @ 19 Dec 2011, 14:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well, sometimes i have a problem with the change lane right. The car change lane without push the change lane button. It only happen is lane change right. It is possible that this track have a malfunction and cause the phantom laps? ...and the mystery continue in the next lap

I would bet that your unexpected lane changes are mechanical- not electrical. The car changes lanes because the previous car through didn't close the gate properly. This happens more frequently with pit lane changers, because of their abrupt entry, but it can happen on others as well. Check to see if the plastic lever (in the slot) is working smoothly. A single drop of oil on the rotation point of the metal flipper and a single drop of oil on the plastic lever can help.

It may also be just certain cars. If the guide flag is worn or broken it may not engage the plastic lever fully as it passes through the gate.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi
The problem with the autonumus car is solve. Now it is visible in lap counter (i have mount a small circuit). I have to do the same as the position tower. With the Phontom lap it not happen but a run a few laps with a small circuit.The problem with the change lane persist only with the right lane change but i haven´t put oil yet. Today i receive the Nissan GT-R 500 Limited Edition and i have run same laps with them but the car run to close to the track and touch the sensor of the control unit (the led infra-red i suppose).
I have to solve this problem also. The mercedes touch also the sensor but is not so evidence like the Nissan.
When i have time i will put same videos in youtube and share them.

ANeves

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok i well tell you.

I´m thinking opening the control unit to raise the sensor because the Nissan GT-R GT5020 touch the sensor and i could see if he have any information of the firmware inside. I din´t do yet because the CU is in Warranty and i don´t know yet if i want to loose them but i don´t know also if the sensor is resistant to several impacts.

QUOTE (b.yingling @ 22 Dec 2011, 13:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you connect a computer to the CU, the software can report the firmware version. I am not aware of any way to tell from a physical inspection of the control unit. If you find a way- please let us know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi
Well i have confirm that the firmware is the last one 5326. I used your software and it is just work well, they detect Port COM17 . I try x-lap 1.20 and the demo of PC Lap counter but i couldn't connect the PC with COM Port (the cable ship is installed in COM17). I would like test the x-lap and PC Lap Counter could you help how could i connect to those software?
Thanks
ANeves

QUOTE (b.yingling @ 22 Dec 2011, 13:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you connect a computer to the CU, the software can report the firmware version. I am not aware of any way to tell from a physical inspection of the control unit. If you find a way- please let us know.

·
Bruce Yingling
1,610 Posts
QUOTE (EngyPT @ 23 Dec 2011, 19:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi
Well i have confirm that the firmware is the last one 5326. I used your software and it is just work well, they detect Port COM17 . I try x-lap 1.20 and the demo of PC Lap counter but i couldn't connect the PC with COM Port (the cable ship is installed in COM17). I would like test the x-lap and PC Lap Counter could you help how could i connect to those software?
Thanks
ANeves

Try changing the com port number to something <= 16. You can do this from Device Manager, select the port and click on the 'Advanced' tab. Change the port number to a free port <= 16. They will probably both find it then.

Also, in X-Lap, you can enter the port number manually. Go to Extras/Settings menu. I don't know if it will work with port 17. Not sure about PC Lapcounter.

Oh- and then try asking Carrera or Guy for help in configuring my software

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi
Well, now i only have one problem. After same laps (more then 50) my friend "phantom" car arrive. Other problem that i saw and sometimes happen is that the lap counter show a bombastic time for best lap time for 9 metres of track less them a second. What pilot i am..... I don´t know what is cause of this. I don´t know but i´m thinking that i have a little problem with the CU. I test today the Pit Stop Lane. Display Driver, Startlight and position tower and it work well.

Happy New Year

ANeves

·
Bruce Yingling
1,610 Posts
QUOTE (EngyPT @ 30 Dec 2011, 18:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi
Well, now i only have one problem. After same laps (more then 50) my friend "phantom" car arrive. Other problem that i saw and sometimes happen is that the lap counter show a bombastic time for best lap time for 9 metres of track less them a second. What pilot i am..... I don´t know what is cause of this. I don´t know but i´m thinking that i have a little problem with the CU. I test today the Pit Stop Lane. Display Driver, Startlight and position tower and it work well.

Happy New Year

ANeves

If you have one of the new pit lane adapters, and you are using 'real' mode- try setting the fuel switch to 'on' rather than 'real'. See if your phantom cars and odd lap times disappear. I am beginning to think there may be some intermittent problems with real mode, pit lane adapters (the ones that say 'FUEL' on them), and the CU. The problems disappear if the fuel switch is set to 'on' rather than 'real'.

Please try it and let us know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi
I have the CU with real mode and Fuel option on. Today i test again with this setup:

1) 1 autonumos car (Mercedes AMG GT3) and Audi R8 controlled by with handheld wireless ID 1 and 100laps. Result: No phantom car apear but the best lap time in under 1 second.

2) 1 autonumos car (Mercedes AMG GT3) and Audi R8 controlled by me with the other handheld wireless control ID 3 (i have encoding the audi) and 100 laps. Result: No phantom car appear and the time is ok.

I have not many time in the next days to test others different situations to understand where is the problem. The phantom appear last night when i run with autonumos car (mercedes) and control ID 3 to 200 laps config.

I test your software with the CU and it work fine. I try also the connect the lap counter to CU and the new lap counter to PC but it not work.

Regards
ANeves

QUOTE (b.yingling @ 31 Dec 2011, 00:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you have one of the new pit lane adapters, and you are using 'real' mode- try setting the fuel switch to 'on' rather than 'real'. See if your phantom cars and odd lap times disappear. I am beginning to think there may be some intermittent problems with real mode, pit lane adapters (the ones that say 'FUEL' on them), and the CU. The problems disappear if the fuel switch is set to 'on' rather than 'real'.

Please try it and let us know.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.