SlotForum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently using the handsets that came with my Scalextric sport system but was looking for suggestions on which controller to get bearing in mind that I run the followin cars on my track regualarly

Scalextric Audi A4
Proslot Alfa Romeo 156
Fly Lancia Beta Montecarlo
Fly Porsche 908/3
Scalextric BMW M3 (late 80's one)
Scalextric RS200
Scalextric JPS Lotus (mid 70's)

What controller and more importantly what resistor rating should i get to run all these cars w\o a problem. Also looking for improved feel and control as Sport controllers are a bit binary.

cheers

·
DT
5,195 Posts
I had the same controllers as you, then I upgraded my power and at the same time switched to 25 ohm Parma hand controllers. These were given to me by a good mate and are fantastic with my track and cars (similar to yours).

Those 25 ohm Fly controllers look quite good although a little pricey at just over £32. The cheap Parma controllers are just over £20 and Red Fox are about £25.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I agree. I get by with the Parma Economy controllers just fine...but then I never claimed to be a decent racer

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
eco are just under 20 int they?

anyway we used them at the club for a loong time, before we got parma plus's
but those who used the ecos will know how soft they were and still are as I believe they are still in use, their new owner appears to be enjoying them

Rob.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi

All the cars listed have the same motor in them. If YOU NEVER get a car with a hotter motor(slot it) or weaker motor(SCX or Ninco NC1) a fixed resistor will be fine for you. The Parma Econo's are much better than the set controller. I cannot recall anyone who went back to set controllers after trying one.
However, if you are only buying the one, the more expensive Parma Turbo with the same resistor is much smoother and more reliable than the econo.
I know, I know, everyone starts whining about the cost. To me, this is thinking backwards. You spend a lot of money on each car, but you only drive the car once in a while. However: YOU USE YOUR CONTROLLER EVERY TIME YOU DRIVE. It is silly, to me, to scrimp on the one part you Always USE.

In my opinion, however, if you are ever going to buy a car with other than the stock scaley/fly/mrrc/evo2 motor, then you might as well "bite the bullet" and buy the Professor Motor electronic controller which will work on anything that will work on your track.

Fate

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I think of the lectronic ones as a similar thing to the flippy floppy paddle shifts.. useless! there is no feedback on the thorttle

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Useless?... But... you keep cramming electronic bits into your controllers and cars...

Inte, feedback on a controller is nothing more than spring tension! What else is there? You can make them "feel" however you want!

Oh no, let me guess... you're looking at "force feedback" like game controllers too...

I like the e-controllers and will use them whenever the rules allow, but don't mind resistor units either. Gotta use my 8 Parmas somehow...

·
Registered
420 Posts
Force Feedback - great idea

Now all we need is to figure out how to make an adaptor for a PS2 controller...

After all we are all going digital aren't we? We just don't all know it yet....

//peter

·
Registered
448 Posts
QUOTE Now all we need is to figure out how to make an adaptor for a PS2 controller...

Funny you should say that, I saw a slot racing PS2 game the other day

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
Just to reinforce what Matt and ProfFate have said about the PM controllers. I purchased 2 last October and have not regretted it. Simply awesome !

M

1 - 16 of 16 Posts