SlotForum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I think the Plugs need to go back in as when we run some open meetings I can see people comming with thier own controllers

Don't really think there is any advantage to using the standard TRUESpeed anyway

Our set of Scaley controllers are pretty well matched and the top and bottom have been taken out using the power curves any way

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Well its been a while since this subject has been discussed.
The existing controllers have seen a lot of use.
A few of the members have mentioned that some of them fluctuate etc.
So with all this in mind I have put all the club funds into purchasing 6 truspeed controlers.
Hopefully they will be with us for the next club class round.
Lee

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
Hi
For an order that size Steve was offering a good discount a while back.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yes, it is.

Not sure what the settings are, but I'm guessing that if my understanding of the rules is correct, and based on results from the first round, Lee and Graeme are handicapped, George and Gary stay the same, while Anthony and I get a boost. Not sure about you and Martin - as you missed the first round you'll probably be on normal power.

I could be wrong though!

Hope you see you there.

Cheers
Steve

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Hi Ade
Yes the truspeed controllers are discounted if you order larger quantities.
I thought they were good value at £40 each.
They also supply spare parts should anything get brocken.
The scalextric controllers have served us well but as I have the funds I thought this was a good upgrade.
I am also working on replacing the pit exit sensor as it doesnt seem as reliable as the scalextric sensors.
That is right regarding penalties and boosts for thursdays racing.
The standard setting is %75.
Graeme and I will be on %70.
Steve and Anthony will be on %80.
Everyone else will be on %75.
These are the only penalties so if you fall out of the top 2 or bottom 2 you will go back to the standard setting %75.
The only other penalty you can get is for rule breaking - %5.
Things like deliberately targeting people.
These settings are slightly less than last year as eveyone that achieved them except myself thought they were to harsh.
Personaly I found it challenging very difficult to win but I came close a few times.
Lee

1 - 13 of 13 Posts